Summer Bucket List Update

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Now that summer is basically over, I decided that it was time to take a look back at my Summer 2016 Bucket List and see whether or not I was successful in crossing off those items. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I completed all that I set out to do!

Go Hiking | I didn’t do as much hiking as I wanted to this summer, but I will consider this a win as I did hike the Skerwink Trail again. It nearly killed me the first time I did it a few years ago (granted, I had no desire to hike back then) and I am pleased to say that I enjoyed it the second time around. Verdict: Complete!

 

A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Aug 20, 2016 at 11:39am PDT


Try Five New Restaurants | I was so close to writing this one off, as we only tried four new restaurants, right up until Sunday. I probably would have tried five earlier except that I won a gift certificate to The Fifth Ticket (read my review here!) so we ate there twice this summer. We also ate at the Two Whales Coffee Shop (review here), the Skipper’s Restaurant (lobster rolls, yes!), the Random Passage Tearoom and, as of last weekend, Milestones Bar and Grill. Verdict: Completed (and enjoyed them all!).

 


Read, Read, Read | I’m actually pleased with the amount that I’ve read this summer, even though it was only three books. I completed “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” by JK Rowling (review here), “#GIRLBOSS” by Sophia Amoruso, and “Confess” by Colleen Hoover. I’m fine with averaging one book a month, now I need to try and keep it up! Verdict: Complete!

 

A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Aug 10, 2016 at 3:08pm PDT


Go Fishing | I went fishing twice and caught a handful of fish during my second trip. This is one of my favourite summer activities and I’m sad I didn’t get to do it more but it’s difficult to coordinate schedules and the weather often hampered our plans. Verdict: Complete!

 

A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Jul 9, 2016 at 3:23pm PDT


Go Camping.. In a Tent! | Jordan and I, along with our friends Matt and Brittany, successfully crossed this one off the list at the beginning of the summer. In hindsight, we should have waited until it was warmer in the evenings as we nearly froze to death, but it was a good experience and I can finally say I’ve slept in a tent. Verdict: Complete!

 

A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:29pm PDT


Take a Weekend Trip | We actually ended up taking a surprise week-long trip to the Dominican Republic (speaking of, I meant to do a post on that..)! The timing worked in our favour and we were worried that Jordan’s schooling would prevent us from going on a trip this fall so we booked it on a whim. I didn’t think I would enjoy traveling down south in the dead of summer but it was actually wonderful! Verdict: Complete.. and then some!

 

A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Aug 6, 2016 at 2:27pm PDT

Overall, I think my summer bucket list was a success, having completed all six items. While many of the items on my list are things that I probably would have done anyway, it was a nice little motivational push knowing that I could check them off at the end of the summer. It also encouraged us to go out and try new restaurants and activities, which is a bonus!

Did you complete any bucket list items this summer? I’d love to hear about it! Also, keep an eye out for my fall bucket list which will be posted soon!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan