Valentine's Day Haul: Kate Spade, Sephora, Victoria's Secret & more!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016


While in St. John's for the weekend, I decided to do a little Valentine's Day shopping for myself, because why not? There's no better time than the holiday of pink and red to splurge and buy yourself the shoes (and the makeup, or whatever else you want). I even bought myself $3 roses the day after Valentine's Day because I love having fresh flowers in the house and you can't beat that price.


Ha, I bet you were expecting something more scandalous in that Victoria's Secret bag but alas, I bought a new makeup case. They have a ton of adorable makeup bags in every shape and size in store and I had a hard time choosing but ultimately decided on this one. I like how it is clear so that you can see what is inside and the shape allows you to search for items more easily than a zip-top pouch. I cannot find this exact one on the website but it retails for $26 CAN in store. This one is similar, though a bit more expensive.

The boots are from Globo Shoes and they are the K Studio Fusagasuga booties. I'm actually kind of annoyed because I paid full price for them and now they are on sale for $30 and I am two hours away from the store, ugh! Anyway, I went to the store in search of casual ankle booties and left with these but I've been wanting a pair of black suede wedge boots for a while (I featured a similar pair here) so no harm done. I really wanted to wear them downtown on Saturday night but alas, the 20cm of snow ruined that plan.


From Sephora I picked up the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in "Trooper", a travel-size version of the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara, the Sephora Collection Solid Brush Cleanser, the Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in "Amarone" and the Sephora Collection Small Pencil Sharpener. I also picked up samples of the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and the YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint Foundation. I really wanted to get the Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in "Aubergine" but it was sold out so I had to settle for the non-matte pencil. The color is nice but the wear time isn't great, however, I suppose that is to be expected with a non-matte color. I am really into dark berry-colored lips right now, which is a bit odd as I am normally a lover of all things pink.

My Valentine's Day gift from Jordan hadn't arrived in the mail prior to Valentine's Day so I didn't receive it until last night. Turns out that he took a hint from my Valentine's Day Gift Guide For Her post and purchased the Kate Spade "Rise and Shine" stud earrings (in sapphire!) for me.


Anyone who knows me knows that navy is my favourite color and I'm a lover of all things Kate Spade, which means that these are right up my alley! I must say, Jordan always does a great job of picking out jewelry for me (even if he had a little help this time around) and I am never disappointed! Now, if only he would buy that engagement ring.. ha! 

13 comments:

  1. I love a dark lip! I'm trying to find a good neutral for me right now but at night I could always rock a berry lip. I went a little crazy on the Ofra and ColourPop websites this weekend and got a bunch of new lip shades that I am dying to try out. Also those shoes look fab! Are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I recently placed a ColourPop order and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival! I have insoles placed in the shoes as they are a little too big for me (I wear a size 5, which makes it difficult to shop for shoes!) but they seem fine so far. Not sure how comfortable they would be for a long period of time, though I usually find wedges tolerable even for long periods.

      Delete
  2. Love love love Kate Spade. I could never get enough! Great gifts! I will surely do a late valentines shopping this weekend :) Why not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hope you managed to do some Valentine's Day shopping for yourself! Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  3. I am soooooo over the moon for Kate Spade and I lust after her bags. Great Valentine's haul and I love that you spend on yourself! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Kate Spade bag that I received a couple years ago for Christmas and I am already dying for another one. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this post! Thank you so much for sharing, I’ll definitely be bookmarking your blog :)

    xoxo,
    Katie, thefutureceoblog.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. I love this haul! Everything is so pretty. I have been eyeing that VS bag for a while now, it's so cute. Also, the MUFE mascara is my all time favorite mascara!

    Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I heard a lot of blogger/vloggers raving about the mascara so I figured I would check it out. Look for an upcoming review! :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those booties! *insert heart eye emoji here* Definitely have to treat yourself! And those earrings are beautiful. I know they'll look great on you!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I love that clear makeup bag from VS!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan