27th Birthday Haul

Friday, September 2, 2016

I honestly debated whether or not to even post this because I didn't want to seem like I was bragging or showing off, so let me preface this by saying: I did not ask for these gifts! I just so happen to have an amazing boyfriend and family who like to spoil me. I kept telling Jordan to stop buying me gifts but he honestly loves giving them, so what's a girl to do? Also, watching haul videos (especially Christmas and birthday hauls) just so happens to be one of my favourite things to do so I figure there has to be other people out there like myself.


I was most shocked to receive this gift because Jordan had already given me a Kate Spade passport holder prior to our trip. Apparently he had already bought the bag before I purchased my Rebecca Minkoff bag but knew that I wouldn't use it as an "every day" bag anyway, as it's quite small. I also have to figure out how to downsize my current wallet to fit everything into this one! I knew I was getting the phone case because I picked it out at Winners (half price!) but the earrings were also a surprise.


These Sam Edelman "Penny" boots are actually the only thing I had on my birthday wishlist. I've been wanting them for years now and found them for a great price a couple months ago (a lot less than the $200+ they are right now!), so I asked Jordan to get them for me for my birthday. The jacket was also one that I tried on and liked sometime last year but didn't buy. I was in dire need of a long jacket for Fall/Spring because a lot of my cardigans are longer than my other jackets. The quilted pattern and hood just make it perfect!


Naturally, I received hoards of makeup. Jordan had asked me to make a ColourPop wishlist and I mentioned that I wanted "Mother" by Kat Von D and the Sephora Favourites "Give Me Some Lip" kit (but I asked for that as a Christmas gift). I didn't realize until I unwrapped my gifts that basically everything I asked for was a nude-pink shade, oops! I'll post swatches of the ColourPop items as well as the Sephora Favourites set soon. The mini Kat Von D liquid lipstick in "Lolita 2" was actually a free sample but I added it in the picture anyway.


I also received a bunch of hair care products from Jordan and his sister. My favourite purple shampoo, as well as a clarifying and a moisturizing shampoo, a detangling spray, travel size bottles of my favourite hairspray, and a mini wet brush (the full size is one of my favourite purchases of this year).


Finally, the miscellaneous items! A magnifying lighted mirror for applying makeup, a book, and a new coffee tea mug for work. I also received a tank top and a shirt from Jordan's sister but I was wearing them the day that I took these photos. I received money from family which I will probably put that towards some new clothes or a pair of booties for Fall.


If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already seen that Jordan also gave me an amazing Sephora cake for my birthday. I was amazed at the attention to detail in the work - even the "eyeshadows" were textured or sparkly.

I didn't have any big birthday plans this year, which may be a symptom of aging, hah! Jordan asked me if I wanted to go out for supper but I said I would rather order in chinese food and watch Netflix in my PJs so that's what we did and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

2 comments:

  1. That Kate Spade stuff, though! *insert heart eyes emoji here* I love when Winners pulls through. Great find with the phone case! Still in awe over that cake- so stinkin' awesome! :)

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was totally surprised by all the Kate Spade items! Winners is great for phone cases (and well, everything). They had a ton of different Kate Spade cases there when I picked that one out.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan