Monthly Favourites: August 2016

Monday, September 5, 2016

I am a few days late on this post because even though I realized August was ending, it didn’t occur to me to post my favourites for the month. That’s what happens when your birthday and the last long holiday weekend of the summer fall at the end of August, oops!


Song: I feel like I didn’t listen to a lot of music in August which is strange for me. However, these were the songs that I enjoyed the most! “Setting The World on Fire” by Kenny Chesney and Pink, “Hey Child” by Korbee, and “Forever Young”  by Jack Eye Jones. I feel like these three songs are the perfect end-of-summer songs.





Read: I mentioned in a previous post that I read and loved “#GIRLBOSS” by Sophia Amoruso. Definitely recommend it if you are a creative person who loves a good inspirational “rags to riches” story. I’m currently reading “Confession” by Colleen Hoover and I am also loving this book. I’m about halfway through and making an effort to read a little each night before bed. However, it’s so good that I struggle to stop reading and go to sleep!

TV Show or Movie: I’ve been binge-watching Hart of Dixie all month as I only watched the first two seasons when it was on TV. Even though it is super cheesy, I love this show. I’m pretty sure I was meant to live down south. Also, I am really going to miss seeing Wade (Wilson Bethel) on my TV every day.

Beauty Product: I received Colour Pop “Lumiere” as one of my birthday gifts and I am obsessed. Such a pretty mauve-y pink color that works for summer or fall. The Marc Jacobs lipstick that was included in the Sephora birthday gift is also gorgeous.

Food: It seems that all summer I’ve been loving fresh cod fish boiled in the pot with salt beef, potatoes and onion. This year was the first time I’ve tried it and I could honestly eat it every week. It sounds gross but I swear, it’s so good!

Purchase: 
Because this was my birthday month, I feel like I didn’t purchase much for myself. I did place a Sephora order but in all honestly, I still haven’t tried all of the products yet! One of my favourite birthday items is the Sephora “Give Me Some Lip” kit (sold out, unfortunately) because I love being able to sample a bunch of different products.

What are you loving this month? Leave a comment below!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan