What To Pack: Beach Vacation

Friday, March 4, 2016


As you are reading this, I will hopefully be on my way to Florida! Given that we are only going for the weekend, I tried to pack reasonably.. which means that I brought my medium suitcase as opposed to my large one, hah! I will never possess the ability to pack a carry on bag only. So, here's what I'm taking for the weekend (and also a bunch of things I'd like to own).

Swimwear | I plan to spend a good amount of time lounging by the pool with a book in hand, occasionally hopping in the water to cool off. Bandeau bikinis are normally my favourite, but I am loving the high-neck tops that are all the rage this year. The flouncy high neck bikini above is from Target and you best believe I will be keeping an eye out for it while I am there. I'm also loving scalloped bikinis and this one from Old Navy retails for a fraction of the price of this one.

Casual Outfits | Given that we only have a couple days, I packed a lot of simple, casual separates that could easily be mixed and matched for daytime or nighttime. The 3" Chino Short from J. Crew Factory is easily my favourite pair of shorts and I own them in a bunch of colors. They pair nicely with a plain camisole (the striped version is also adorable!) for daytime and a light sweater for the chilly evenings.

Footwear | I plan to live in flip-flops while I'm there and I love that this pair from Tkees are nice enough to wear during the day or in the evening. If you are doing any amount of walking, I recommend a slip-on shoe such as Sperrys or Keds.

Beach Bag | I think we are skipping the beach this trip but these bags are great for the pool as well. They are big enough to hold a towel, magazines, sunscreen and a few snacks. I love the colorful Lilly Pulitzer tote but this scalloped tote is also adorable (and more affordable!).

Accessories | Despite the fact that I hate wearing sunglasses (they give me a headache), I love buying them. I tend to graviate towards aviator-style and I am obsessed with mirrored lenses. These Ray-Bans are a classic but I would also love to give this pair a try. Also, does anyone else change their cell phone cases with the seasons? I currently have a floral Ban.do case for spring but I am loving this this fun pineapple case!

Extras | Lots of magazines, my Kindle, headphones, sunscreen (SPF 60 for me!), passport, and bright lipstick.

Hopefully I don't forget anything on my travels! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida! I think all of your items for a beach vacation are perfect! :)

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan