Monthly Empties: February 2016

Tuesday, March 1, 2016


Happy first day of March! I'm a day late on my first monthly empties post but I have to blame it on the dark, dreary weather we had yesterday which prevented me from taking any indoor photos. Luckily today is beautiful, sunny and warm(ish), giving me hope that Spring may actually arrive sooner rather than later!

Rusk Sensories Clarify Shampoo | This shampoo lasts me forever as I only use it once or twice a week, but I've been repurchasing it since high school. I truly believe it is one of the best clarifying shampoos on the market! When I lived at home with my parents, my blonde hair would sometimes turn brassy (even green once!) from the iron and other minerals in the well water. This shampoo kept my hair looking bright and blonde. Now that I use town water, I no longer have that problem but I still find that this shampoo brightens and really deep cleans my hair. It smells like peppermint and lathers really well. Repurchase? Definitely! This is one of my HG shampoos.

L'Oreal Sublime Soft Micellar Makeup Removing Solution | This is another product that I have repurchased many times, however, if you seen my Instagram earlier this week, you'll know that I picked up the Garnier micellar water this time. I had all intentions of repurchasing the L'Oreal one again but couldn't find it at Walmart and to be honest, I think I actually like the Garnier one better, which really surprises me because I love this product! It takes off my makeup without stripping or irritating my skin and has no harsh or bothersome scent. Repurchase? If I don't end up loving the Garnier version, then absolutely.

Bath & Body Works "Sparkling Icicles" Gentle Foaming Hand Soap | No link to this product as it was a winter scent and is no longer available. You'll notice that all my Bath & Body works soap are the foaming type, as it is our personal favourite. This scent smelled like a men's cologne but it was actually quite nice. Repurchase? Maybe. It wasn't bad, but not my favourite B&BW scent either!

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in 110 "Ivory" | Ugh, I was so happy to finally finish this foundation which seemed to last forever. I'm a huge fan of the original Revlon Colorstay Foundation so I decided to give the whipped version a try but I was not a fan. It seemed to sit on top of my skin and highlighted my pores. The jar was nice and the color selection is great, but those are the only positives to this foundation. Repurchase? No, definitely not.

John Freida Frizz Ease "Dream Curls" Shampoo and Conditioner | I've had these foil packets sitting in a drawer for ages! Like, years, probably. I'm actually surprised that they still make this shampoo and conditioner, but I'm glad they do. I was pleasantly surprised by these products! I have very thin, fine, wavy hair that lately has been more oily than dry, so I expected this combination to be too heavy for my hair. However, it made my hair bouncy and voluminous, not greasy at all, and defined my waves so that they looked more uniform. Not to mention, both products smell amazing and the smell actually lasted in my hair. Repurchase? Yes, I have to keep an eye out for it the next time I am buying a new shampoo and conditioner!

Biorepublic "Cucumber Breeze" Soothing Fiber Mask | I reviewed this product in my January 2016 Birchbox Review post, so check that for a more thorough review. I did enjoy this product though, and it makes me want to try out more fiber masks. Repurchase? Yes, maybe if I seen it in a store.

The Body Shop "Coconut" Body Butter | Everyone knows that the formula of The Body Shop's body butter is amazing - it actually feels like butter, plus it is non-greasy and super hydrating. I received this in a gift set and if you are a fan of coconut, then you will love this because it's a true coconut scent. Personally, I prefer the Shea Nut scent, but they have a ton of other scents available as well. Repurchase? I like the product, but I wouldn't repurchase this particular scent.

Let me know in the comments if you enjoy this type of post! I don't normally use this many products in the run of a month so I'm not sure if I will post one every single month or not. We shall see!

3 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of posts. And YouTube videos. I have no idea why! Haha. I'm planning one of my own, but not monthly because I definitely don't go through things that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these types of posts! Been working on a project 10 pan post actually and when those are used up, which might be a little while, I'll probably do an empties post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been crazy here. I take full advantage of those short spurts of sunshine to get photos done! I've thought about trying the Garnier water to see how it compares to Bioderma. I didn't enjoy the whipped foundation much either when I tried it years ago. I had high hopes!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan