Where I've Been...

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The answer to that is, quite literally, nowhere. As with everyone else, Covid-19 has thrown a wrench in so many of my plans for 2020 (like my resolution to visit three new countries) and I’m trying to adjust to the “new normal”. I’d be lying if I said it was easy. I’ve spent a lot of time reading, playing Animal Crossing, and nelecting my poor little blog. It’s hard to blog when you can’t travel, go out to eat, or go shopping. Thankfully now we are allowed to do those things (with limitations, of course) so I’m hoping to get back to writing. To catch you up, here’s the latest on my life..

We are STAYcationing this year! We’ve moved our October 2020 cruise on the Celebrity Equinox to a new, unknown as of now date in 2022 (we already have another cruise booked for Fall 2021, vaccine-pending). We figured we may as well take advantage of being forced to stay at home and actually get out to enjoy our province this summer. We are heading on a 5-day staycay (or shall I say… “baycay”) very soon and I can’t wait to share it on the blog. As of right now, we are planning to travel to Twillingate and the Rocky Harbour area so if anyone has any recommendations, I’d love to hear them! We are also planning a trip to Ferryland to have a lighthouse picnic and an overnight in St. John’s to celebrate our wedding anniversary (where did that year go?!). We’ve already visited Trinity and Port Rexton for the first of many trips to come this summer.

Port Rexton Brewery

We are tackling some home projects. Nothing major, but we are currently in the process of getting our house fully painted. We’ve hired a professional for the main area and we’ve been tackling the other rooms slowly but surely. We have one bedroom left to go in the basement apartment and then it will be complete. We are hoping to sell this house within the next year or so and a new coat of paint makes it look so fresh and clean. Once we sell this house, I can’t wait to take you guys along on the process of building our “forever home”! This house was only meant to be a short-term plan and we have so many ideas for our next home. Step one: we need to figure out where we want to build it.

Mug from Ethereal Boutique

I’ve done a lot of shopping lately. I’ve been trying to support local businesses during this tough time, but I’ve also bought quite a few new items for summer. I’m planning to do an Instagram story post as soon as our living situation is back to normal. I’ve also become an East Coast Mermaid rep for the Sandy Toes Shop. Do yourself a favour and go check them out – they have the cutest line of east coast/beach life apparel. Plus, the tank tops are so soft and comfortable. I have a feeling I’ll be living in them all summer long!

East Coast Mermaid tank from Sandy Toes Shop

I think that’s all the news I have for now! What’s new with you guys? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan