Monthly Favourites: February 2016

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Song: I’ve already raved about “Need The Sun to Break” by James Bay so I will spare you that one, but here are three of my other favourites this month. One is slow and mournful, the other is an upbeat dance song and the last one is a country song, which just goes to show how varied my taste in music is. February was such a good month for discovering new music.

 

 

Read: As I mentioned in my Sunday Lately post, I am loving “Before We Were Strangers” by Renee Carlino. As for blogs, I have been a fan of Krista at Covering The Bases for a while now but I have especially been loving her blog lately. I love her classic style, plus she seems really fun and down-to-earth in her YouTube videos. And after reading her recent post on her trip to Jamaica, I am dying to head back there again!

TV Show or Movie: I know I’ve mentioned this a dozen times, but I am loving Fuller House. Yes, it’s cheesy and no, it doesn’t compare to the original (not enough Uncle Jesse!) but it’s still a fun, cute show to binge-watch. Also, how cute is Max? I don’t even like kids but I love his character!

Beauty Product: It’s a tie between the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in “Trooper” and the NYC Expert Last Lip Color in “Pure Coral”. The eyeliner isn’t something I use on a daily basis (mainly because it takes me at least 40 minutes to do a winged eyeliner and I don’t have time for that everyday) but it is so good. On the other hand, the lipstick is a product that I use nearly every day lately.

Food: If I could live on smoothie bowls, I probably would. I usually just mix some frozen fruit, yogurt and juice together in the blender, then top it off with sliced bananas, dried strawberries, cocoa and granola. They are so easy, delicious and filling!

Purchase: Plane tickets to Florida, obviously! I know, I haven’t even gone on the trip yet but I love that I decided to just go out on a whim and book a spontaneous weekend trip, even if it isn’t the most practical thing to do.

Celebrity Look: Can we just talk about how gorgeous Cate Blanchett looked in Armani Privé at the Oscars last night? That color! The flowers! The silhouette! I didn’t even watch the show and I can’t get this dress out of my mind.

Happy Leap Day everyone! I hope your Monday wasn’t too bad. After working three night shifts and barely sleeping today, I am like a zombie over here. Hoping that I will feel better tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan