Weekend Recap: Yellowbelly and Dragonette

Monday, February 15, 2016

Apologies for the radio silence over here but I have been just miserable with a head cold and possible sinus infection - glamorous, right? I've been feeling under the weather since Thursday night but a combination of Advil Cold & Sinus and Benylin Cold & Sinus pills finally have me feeling like a normal human being tonight.

Despite being sick all weekend, I was not letting it get in the way of my plans! We woke up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to St. John's with our friends for the Dragonette show. After a little pre-Valentine's Day shopping at the mall, we headed to our hotel around 3pm to get ready for supper and the show. It was beginning to snow at this point and the snow was falling fast and furious! By the time we hailed a cab to go downtown for supper, the roads were snow covered and we were informed by our cab driver that the busses and cabs were being taken off the road. Needless to say, we didn't really relax long enough to truly enjoy our meal at Yellowbelly Brewery because we were all too stressed about how we were going to get back to the hotel! Both myself and Tara were wearing wedges and there was no way I was walking back to the hotel in a snow storm while in wedges.


Because of the aforementioned crisis, I was a bad blogger and this was the only photo I took during supper. I really wish I had taken a photo of the restaurant because it was gorgeous with its exposed beams and brick walls! I ordered the Four Cheese & Chicken Caesar Pizza with a side of poutine and both were delicious! Shame on me for not taking more photos during supper.

After supper we managed to hail a cab, thankfully! It may have taken us 10 minutes to make it up over a snow-covered hill downtown but luckily we made it back to our hotel safe and sound. After doing our hair and makeup, changing our outfits, and having a few drinks, we headed back downtown again. Thankfully at this point the snow was stopped, though we had accumulated about 20cm over the span of a few hours.

Around 10pm we headed to Allure because although the show wasn't scheduled to start until 11:30pm, we wanted to get next to the stage. There wasn't a big crowd that night, probably due to weather, so we actually had the perfect view. 


For those of you who aren't familiar with Dragonette, they are a Canadian electronic music band comprised of Martina (lead singer/songwriter), her husband Dan (bassist/producer) and their friend Joel (drummer). We actually seen them in concert a few years ago but I wasn't familiar with a lot of their music at the time. They are one of Jordan's favourite bands so they have definitely grown on me since then! A few of my favourite songs include "Run, Run, Run", "Let The Night Fall" and "Outlines" (with Mike Mago). Their new song "Red Black Heart" with Dada and Paul Harris is also amazing. Most people probably recognize them from "Hello" or "Big in Japan" though. I highly recommend you check out all of those songs but I'll include a few of my favourite videos below!





After the show we stuck around and actually had the opportunity to meet up with Dan and Joel! I always feel weird meeting celebrities because I have no idea what to say to them but it was a great experience regardless. Around 2:30am, we picked up poutine and mozza sticks and headed back to the hotel for our very early wake up call at 9am. Needless to say, it was no surprise that I was feeling terrible yesterday! 


A photo posted by Jamie Chafe (@jc__designer) on

I didn't take any photos downtown so I stole this one from Jamie's Instagram! Perry had a really nice photo of us on his Instagram as well but I couldn't embed it for some reason.

After getting home on Sunday, I had a nap, watched Gilmore Girls and ate garlic fingers - not exactly a typical Valentine's Day but I was too miserable to care! Overall, we had a great weekend with the best friends and that is all that matters to me! Hope you guys all had a lovely weekend as well.

5 comments:

  1. They Yellowbelly is one of my favourite places to eat in town. The atmosphere is amazing, the food is even better.

    Glad that you were able to enjoy your weekend a little even with your sickness.

    I'm currently taking a mental health/head cold day. Doing my best to be productive with blog stuff, but I'm pretty sure I may head back to bed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will have to go back and try it again some other time, when I am less stressed about how I am going to get back home! Thank you, and I hope you feel better soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I hope you feel 100% better ASAP!

    I'm glad you had a great time at the concert! <3

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I am feeling much better today! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that you were feeling sick but I'm glad you are back in action now!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan