Five on Friday: Volume 3

Friday, February 12, 2016


Writing this post a day early as I will be working all day Friday, then packing for our weekend trip!  It's calling for 15cm+ of snow on Saturday into Sunday and we are really hoping that the band makes it in for the concert. Also, can I just say that this snow is really messing with my outfit plans? It's just not realistic to walk in 15cm of snow with heels. Anyway, here are five things that caught my eye this week.

1. Starbucks has three limited edition drinks for Valentine's Day. The three drinks - Molten Hot Chocolate, Molten Chocolate Frappuccino, and the Molten Chocolate Latte - are only available until February 14th, so you better run, not walk, to your nearest Starbucks! The closest Starbucks is two hours away from me but I will be there on Saturday, so I may pick up one of these to try. I'm thinking the frappuccino, though I'm afraid that I will fall in love with it and then not be able to get it anymore.

2. J.K. Rowling is publishing an 8th Harry Potter book! Okay, this is life changing for all of us die-hard Harry Potter fans. "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" will be published on July 31st, 2016 and begins 19 years after "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" ends. The only downside is that it will be published as a script as opposed to a typical narrative book, but I will happily take whatever Harry Potter I can get.

3. All of Rory's boyfriends are joining the Gilmore Girls revival. I was mainly just happy to hear that Milo Ventimiglia is returning as Jess. I was initially Team Dean (and very much anti-Jess) when I watched Gilmore Girls the first time, when it was actually on TV. Apparently I had a thing for the floppy-haired boy-next-door type, but now I'm all about the bad boys so Team Jess all the way! As for Logan, I never liked him. I just started watching the first season of Gilmore Girls over again in anticipation of the Netflix revival and if you haven't watched it before, I recommend you start right now.

4. I finally placed a Colour Pop order this week! I actually ordered through a local group buy in order to cut back on shipping costs but we are definitely going to get nailed with customs so I probably won't be any better off in the end. I ordered a blush, a highlighter, a lippy stix (ugh, hate that name), an ultra matte lipstick, a lip primer, and an eyeshadow. I've been wanting to try their products for a while and I will definitely post a review when they arrive!

5. According to a study, the cost of love is $61,821. This is based on one year of dating, a one year engagement, and one year of marriage and apparently it has increased by 22.8% since last year.  It's really interesting to see the costs broken down by each year! Of course, not everyone spends that much money in their relationship. We hardly ever do fancy dates (or even casual dates, really) and obviously not everyone spends $5000 on an engagement ring (I wish!). I find it odd that the study doesn't consider the cost of gift-giving though. Personally, I love buying Jordan gifts, though it gets harder with each passing year.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful Valentine's Day!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to try one of the new drinks. 2 hours? That's so far! Thank goodness for Tim Hortons to fill the void, right?! Cannot wait for new HP, I'll take it in any dose I can get. Same for GG. My only problem is that I already had to say goodbye one, now I'm going to watch these episodes and have to say goodbye all over again. Oh, the feels. Can't wait to see your ColourPop order. I still haven't tried them yet!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two hours is definitely too far! At least we have Tim Hortons here, but I only really drink tea from there so it's definitely not the same. I never thought about having to say goodbye to my favourites again - I think they should just revive GG. Such a good show and nothing really compares to it.

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to read the new HP "book" too. However, I'm bummed that it's a script but I love the HP books so much that I will happily read it in whatever format it's published! :)

    That study must have been fun to research!

    I hope you had a great weekend, sweetie!

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan