Sunday Lately: February 21 - 28

Sunday, February 28, 2016


Sunday lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe - KatyAngelicaMeghan and Nicole. Each week they present five new prompts to describe what is happening in your life that week.  This weeks prompts are Planning, Loving, Reading, Wishing and Feeling.

Planning: Our upcoming weekend trip to Florida! Surprise! I know, it's a bit crazy to fly to Florida for a weekend but there was great price on direct flights and to be honest, we just need to get away for a few days. Even despite having an unseasonably warm and dry winter, it still depresses me beyond belief. Combine that with my constant wanderlust and a little persuasion from Jordan (I was actually the one on the fence about going) and we decided to book the tickets. So far we only have our plane tickets and a car rental - we have no hotels booked and no plans, which is just a little stressful for the planner in me. Given that we only have two full days there (and they are on a weekend), I think we are going to skip the theme parks, even though it kills me inside to not go. I'd love any recommendations for hotels, places to eat, or things to do in the Orlando area! I've been there a couple times now but we are trying to make the best of the weekend so we need a solid plan.


A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on

Loving: Fuller House (I don't care how cheesy it is!), James Bay and Damien Rice, Snapchat (add me: janineallison), ColourPop, coral lipstick, vacation planning (even if it stresses me out), good weekends at work, and the lack of snow on the ground.

Reading: "Before We Were Strangers" by Renee Carlino. I have to admit, I haven't picked this up in the past week or so, but I really need to make more time for it because I was absolutely loving it. The story is about two friends-turned-lovers who end up living separate lives, then reunite 15 years later. It is definitely worth the read, though I am a sucker for a good love story anyway.

“And in that moment, you realize how little control you have over your own destiny. From the time you’re born, you have no control; you can’t choose your parents, and, unless you’re suicidal, you can’t choose your death. The only thing you can do is choose the person you love, be kind to others, and make your brutally short stint on earth as pleasant as possible.”


Wishing: I know I shouldn't wish away my time but is it Friday yet? I have so much to do before then but I am so ready to get on a plane and leave now.

Feeling: Tired. I used to love working night shifts and now they wreck havoc on my body. Working 12-hour shifts while only sleeping for 3 hours a day tends to have that effect. Not to mention that when I am off, I am then in night-shift mode and cannot sleep at a sensible hour. I have one more night to punch this weekend and then two more this week before our trip and I am praying that they aren't too busy.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Snapchat once but it confused me so much I assumed I was too old for it. I don't understand why there's a ghost. I might try it again so we can be snapchatters together.

    Have fun in Florida! Eat drink and relax on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you need Snapchat! You are probably one of the only people that I would send actual videos to, hah!

      Delete
  4. I just got my first ColourPop order! And jetting to Florida for an impromptu weekend sounds glorious. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you liking the products? I will definitely be ordering more!

      Delete
  5. Having just returned from a long weekend in Florida, let me tell you it the short trip is ALL WORTH IT. I feel like everyone moves at a much slower pace there (quite literally!)-- and I always feel rested and though I've slowed down a bit and enjoyed everything. Have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Glad you had a great trip down there! :)

      Delete
  6. Whoohoo! Have a great time in Florida! A trip is a trip, no matter the length of time! You might not be doing the parks, but you could stop in at Downtown Disney and still get a bit of a Disney fix. That's one of the my favorite places to explore! Living vicariously through your ColourPop haul!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan