Milani "Dolce Pink" Baked Blush Review

Monday, February 1, 2016

Milani Baked Blush Review


I was in the market for a new blush when I stumbled upon this one at the drugstore.  After reading a few positive reviews online, I decided to toss it into my cart.  Read below to discover why it has become one of my favourite new products!

Item: Milani Baked Blush in 01 "Dolce Pink".

Milani Baked Blush Review Milani Baked Blush Review

Price: $9.99 CAN at Lawton's Drugs (can also purchase from Amazon).

Description: From Milani website - This silky blush with benefits can be used so many ways. It shapes, it contours, it highlights. Sunbaked on Italian terracotta tiles, it’s buildable from sheer to vibrant. Yes, it adds a cheeky pop of colour to your complexion. Radiance and warmth, too.

Milani Baked Blush Review

Review: The blush is packaged in a small plastic gold compact.  The bottom of the compact lifts to reveal a mirror and brush beneath.  I cannot comment on the quality of the brush as I use my own, full-size blush brush to apply, but I would imagine it is as useless as most brushes that are included in similar products.  It would be convenient to have in a pinch if you are traveling, I suppose.



The blush looks a bit scary in the packaging, given all the gold shimmer that runs throughout it.  I certainly didn't want to end up looking like a disco ball!  I will admit, the shimmer does transfer to your cheeks, but when blended it appears more as a highlight within the blush than a chunky glitter.  The trick here is to blend it well, which you will be able to see on the swatch below.

Milani Baked Blush Review Milani Baked Blush Review
Left: Left side is unblended, right side is blended    Right: When applied to my face

As you can see in the photo on the left, the shimmer is still very obvious, but disappears to a slight sheen when blended.  I find wear time to be decent, a good 6-8 hours for sure.  Overall, I really like this product and would not only recommend it but I would also consider picking up a few other shades, especially for the price!

Have you ever tried this product? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really nice. My Tarte Amazonian Clay blush ran out last week, and I can't wait to get to town to replace it. I may have to swing by the Lawton's here to pick this one up in the meantime. I've never used any Milani products, but it looks worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend giving it a try! For only $10, you can't really go wrong! I've heard really good things about their lipstick too.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan