Topbox May 2016 Review

Thursday, May 26, 2016


Topbox is a Canadian-based monthly beauty subscription service. It costs $12/month and offers free shipping. They send four beauty products per month, unless you decide to choose a special privé box. Here is a look at what I received in my May 2016 Topbox!

Novex Brazillian Keratin Deep Conditioning Hair Mask | This is the only product that I haven't tried yet as I'm more likely to use a deep conditioning mask when I am taking a bath as opposed to a shower, due to the fact that it is supposed to be left on for 15 minutes. However, it does state that it could also be left on for 3 minutes and used as a regular conditioner. It smells nice, like something you would smell in a salon, with a hint of nutty scent. This is a good sample size for someone like myself with fine, thin hair as I will definitely get a few uses out of it. Approximate sample value: $3.30.

The Face Shop Collagen Pomegranate Pack | This is a nighttime cream that you apply to your skin before bed. I've been intrigued by The Face Shop for quite some time now as I've heard a lot of great things about their sheet masks, so I was excited to see this in my bag! This has a lovely, not-too-strong pomegranate scent. It isn't a thick cream but applies nicely to the skin. I was actually very impressed with this product as my face looked super glowy this morning after only using it twice! I definitely want to check out more products from this brand. Topbox included a 15% off (plus a free sheet mask) coupon for The Face Shop, however, it is sadly only available for use in-store and the closest store is in Quebec. Approximate sample value: $4.05.

Skinfix Hand Repair Cream | I remember a ton of people raving about this hand cream a while ago. Trust me when I say this is a super thick cream. My hands initially feel greasy when this is applied but that eventually disappears. It is an unscented cream and contains 1% colloidal oatmeal which is supposed to help eczema, dermatitis and extreme dryness. As I have none of those problems (except dry skin in the winter), I cannot speak to its ability to live up to the claims. For me, it's a good cream to use at work as it's unscented and will help prevent my skin from drying out with all the hand sanitizer I use. Topbox included a coupon for $5 off orders over $50 as well. Approximate sample value: $17.99.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | I love getting mascara samples so I was thrilled to see this in my bag this month! However, I was sorely disappointed the first time I used it as the product left my eyelashes clumpy. I decided to give it another chance and oddly enough, I had no issues the second or third time. On the contrary, I actually really enjoyed it! My lashes no longer looked clumpy and it did a great job of thickening and lengthening them. Approximate sample value: $10.

The approximate value of this month's box is $35.34 which is less than previous months but overall, I am still pleased with the products. This box contained one full size product and three sample sized products, as well as two coupons. If you'd like to sign up for Topbox, you can use my referral code here to bypass the wait list.

1 comment:

  1. I got the hair conditioner as well. I received it before in my ipsy bag and I actually love it! I've gotten a lot of uses out of it too. But that might be because I have all my hair chopped off! Too bad the coupon for the fave shop isn't any good for us!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan