Sunday Lately: May 9 - 15

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe – KatyAngelicaMeghan and Nicole. Each week they present five new prompts to describe what is happening in your life that week. This weeks prompts are Doing, Appreciating, Designing, Humming and Expecting.

Doing: Watching YouTube videos and making toutons for breakfast. Toutons are a Newfoundland specialty and are essentially just fried bread dough, however, they were historically cooked in fried pork fat (which we call “scrunchions”) which is what makes them amazing. A lot of people choose healthier oils for cooking them now but considering that I only eat them once or twice a year, I make them the traditional and totally unhealthy way. Once cooked they can be drizzled with molasses, pancake syrup, or just eaten with butter.


Appreciating: I am finally starting to feel better (still not 100%, but getting there) so I am definitely appreciating my health and being able to breathe through my nose. Funny how we take these things for granted until we get sick and cannot do it anymore!


Designing: I never really have an answer for this one, but I’d like to buy some shelves for the bathrooms and perhaps the living room as well to make this place look a little more homey.


Humming: I’ve discovered so many good songs this month but “Let Me Be” by Charlie Brennan is probably my favourite!

 



Expecting:
 I am expecting that this will be a tiresome week considering that I’ve been off work for nearly two weeks now and I am heading into my long, five-shift work week. Of course, it’s not like I’ve been off on vacation so it hasn’t been the most enjoyable time spent away from work, but I never exactly look forward to early mornings and 12-hour shifts and it is especially hard once you’ve been away from it for a while.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan