Monthly Empties: March and April 2016

Wednesday, May 4, 2016


I think that the reason it took me so long to get this post written (as in, over two months..) is because I feel like I didn't use up any exciting products lately. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

Bath and Body Works Gentle Foaming Soap | I finished off the scents "Merry Cookie" and "Winter" which were two limited edition soaps from the winter collection. "Winter" is one of my all-time favourite B&BW soaps so I will definitely repurchase that one and I also enjoyed "Merry Cookie" which was a typical, sweet cookie scent. "Island White Pineapple" is the scent I had in the kitchen for a long time and I love it. I recently picked up Golden Pineapple Luau which is this year's equivalent. Repurchase? Yes!

Bath and Body Works "Vanilla Bean Noel" Body Wash | This is one of my favourite B&BW scents and I love that the shower gel scent lingers on your skin afterwards. Sadly, this is a holiday product so it is not available year-round. Repurchase? Definitely!

Bath and Body Works "Cashmere Glow" Body Lotion | This is another one of my favourite B&BW scents - it is warm, fruity and musky and lasts forever on the skin. Not to mention that this lotion is incredibly moisturizing. Repurchase? Yes!

LUSH "The Christmas Hedgehog" Bubble Bar | This was a Christmas product, obviously, which means that it is no longer available for purchase. I love LUSH's bubble bars in general but this one was just okay. The scent was fruity-floral, but not one of my favourites. Repurchase? Probably not, but that's just based on my personal scent preference.

Gillette Satin Care Dry Skin Shave Cream | I struggle with dry skin in the winter so I decided to give this a try, however, it wasn't as effective as the Eos shave cream for helping with my dry skin. The can also turns rusty on the bottom, leaving a ring behind! Repurchase? No.

Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner | This smells of coconut water and vanilla milk and if you are a fan of straight-up coconut scents then you would enjoy this! Aside from that, I don't recall anything standing out about this duo. Repurchase? No, not a big coconut fan and my hair doesn't need any extra hydration.

Whish Renewing Mud Mask | I posted a review of this here so I won't elaborate any further. Repurchase? No.

Naobay Oxygenizing Cream Moisturizer | I received this product in a Birchbox and the sample lasted a surprisingly long time with everyday use! The scent was orange-y and reminded me of LUSH's "Cosmetic Lad" moisturizer. This, however, had a much thinner, somewhat watery consistency. It did a decent job of moisturizing my face but would be better suited for summer. Repurchase? No, but I would use it again if I received another sample.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge | First of all, I've never used an authentic Beauty Blender, as I keep buying this one instead. It costs $10 and does a great job of blending my foundation. Repurchase? Yes, I've already purchased a new one.

I also tried a bunch of foundation samples from Sephora this month in an attempt to find a new HG foundation. To be honest, I can't really remember what I liked and didn't like about each one. I tried the Lancome Teint Idole 24H Long Wear Foundation, the Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation, the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (my old HG!) and the YSL Touche Eclat le Teint Radiance Awakening Foundation. I actually really thought I was going to buy the YSL foundation (despite the fact that everyone else seems to hate the new formula) but on final inspection, I realized that it really did not wear well and was basically completely worn off my face by the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I have a mental "buy for me" list in my head for David and Lush is definitely going to be on the paper version :). Haven't ordered anything in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan