Monthly Favourites: January 2016

Sunday, January 31, 2016



I have a feeling that this will be one of my favourite posts to write at the end of each month, given how much I love reading these posts written by other bloggers!  I feel like January maybe isn’t the best month in terms of discovering new things given that I tend to scale back the spending after Christmas, as well as go into hibernation due to the weather.  These categories may evolve over time if I find that they are getting repetitive between months, but we shall see.  If there are any other categories that you can think of, be sure to let me know!


Song: “Faded” by Alan Walker.  This song is going to be everywhere soon.  I found it on Spotify and I haven’t been able to stop listening to it.  I love running to this song – despite its melancholy lyrics, it has a fantastic beat for cardio workouts.

Read: “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed, which I’ve already mentioned countless times.  I’m over halfway finished and still thoroughly enjoying it. 


My favourite blog this month is Be Loverly, whom I discovered through Wendy at Fashionable Heart.  Kristi is a fellow, cold-hating Canadian and posts about “beauty, books and life”.  I get so excited to see a new post from her because I feel like we have a lot in common and I definitely value her opinion on beauty products.

TV Show or Movie: I’m not an avid watcher of TV or movies, so this is one of those categories that may disappear after a few months.  Right now, Jordan and I are making our way through the fifth season of Dexter.  Sadly, it has gone downhill from the beginning and neither of us are particularly interested anymore, therefore this category doesn’t really have a favourite this month.


Beauty Product: It’s a tie between the Milani Baked Blush in “Dolce Pink” and the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in “Cherry Blossom”.  I will eventually post thorough reviews on both of those products but I highly recommend them.


Food: Brussel sprouts, all the way!  Definitely not what most people would pick as a favourite but I can’t seem to get enough of them this month.  Whether they are roasted with balsamic glaze, pan fried with cranberries, or steamed with butter (I could eat these all day, every day), I cannot get enough of them.

My friends (and tenants) also gave me some homemade spicy crab sushi rolls that are to die for.  I just remembered that I have a few left and I cannot wait to devour them after I finish this post.


Purchase:  Aside from the makeup that I mentioned above, I haven’t purchased much this month.  I picked up two shirts – a super soft berry tunic and a sparkly top to wear to the Dragonette concert – but I think that’s all.  My favourite old purchase that has been a lifesaver this month is my Patagonia boots.  I was out playing in the snow with Macy today (check out my Snapchat @janineallison for a video!) and they kept my feet warm and dry the entire time.

If you have any suggestions for categories or if you have your own list of monthly favourites, please leave a comment below – I’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan