Sunday Lately: January 19 - 31

Sunday, January 31, 2016



Sunday lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe - KatyAngelicaMeghan and Nicole. Each week they present five new prompts to describe what is happening in your life this week.  This weeks prompts are Doing, Appreciating, Designing, Humming and Expecting.

Doing: Debating placing a Colour Pop order.  I really don't need to, and it royally sucks because even though the products are cheap, the exchange rate to Canadian dollars kills us!  I have a few products placed in my cart, but we will see.  I just wish the exchange rate was better because then I wouldn't hesitate!

Appreciating: Lazy weekends.  Our plans to throw a birthday party for our friend on Friday night got thrown out the window, thanks to a combination of mother nature, sickness, and a few other things.  We ended up having a few drinks and playing games with our friends who live downstairs - very convenient when you only have to walk a few feet in the snowstorm!  After sleeping in on Saturday then snowblowing the driveway (or playing with Macy, in my case), we went to Walmart and stocked up on snowstorm goodies (oops!).  Needless to say, our diets are gone out the window.. and out of sight!  We watched The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire while shovelling our mouths full of junk food and it was pretty much the perfect night.  



Today was my mom's birthday so we went to my parents' house for supper and watched a couple NHL All-Stars 3-on-3 hockey games (John Scott for MVP!).  Now we are back home, settled in on the couch and watching Grease: Live on Fox.  Normally I am either working on the weekends or we are constantly busy - it felt so nice to have a lazy weekend in for a change!

Designing: I have to say.. nothing!  Editing graphics for the blog is the extent of my design work.

Humming: Grease songs, obviously!


Expecting: Gastro to hit our house any minute, though I really hope not!  It seems to be making its rounds and tonight Jordan is saying that he isn't feeling well.  Fingers crossed that it stays away because I really don't want to have to deal with that.

I hope you guys had a great weekend!  

7 comments:

  1. Gastro? Whatever that is it sounds horrible. I hope you all feel better soon. Being down and out for the weekend isn't fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Gastro" is short for gastroenteritis AKA "the stomach flu". Fingers crossed that we avoid it!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the stomach flu passes by your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too, though it seems like it's trying to take Jordan down today!

      Delete
  3. Yay for lazy weekends! :) I loved Grease: Live last night! I thought it was phenomenal.

    I hope you guys avoid the stomach flu.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amy - I hope so too! I thought they did a good job with the performance, especially Vanessa Hudgens under those sad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you like Grease Live? I turned it off like twenty minutes in because it just wasn't doing justice to my all-time favorite movie ever. I've been obsessed with Grease since 5th grade and i just couldn't see it like this. I tried?

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan