Goals for 2016

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Okay so I may be 21 days late with this post but better late than never, am I right?

Honestly, I’ve been debating whether or not to start a blog.  It’s not my first foray into the blog world but I’ve never been able to continue with the effort required to sustain a blog.  It’s all fun and games for a month or so and then I run out of things to talk about and the thought of editing one more photo makes me want to die.  But yet, here we are again. Do I think it will last this time?  Maybe, hopefully.

A few weeks ago, my friends and I were reminiscing about Livejournal and how, for a while, everyone and their dog had one.  It was fun to go back and look through the old journal entries and laugh at our naive, youthful selves.  I actually kept a Livejournal for ten years, from 2003-2013.  Granted, the entries were sporadic at best by the end of it, but I still love having all those memories to look back on, so that’s where this “lifestyle” blog enters the picture.  My life is hardly exciting but I do miss having a place to store all my memories.  Also, I really need a creative outlet.  In hindsight (of course), I probably should have chosen a career in a creative field but alas, I took the safe route and now I’m stuck with a job that I am not passionate about.  Here I can talk about fashion and makeup and the little things in life that excite me, and no one can tell me otherwise.

So without further ado, let’s get started.

Get Healthy | Here’s the thing – I’m currently carrying an extra few (unwanted) pounds.  People often look at me and say “Where exactly do you need to lose weight?” because I am petite, but it doesn’t change the fact that I am currently 25lbs heavier than I was in high school.  Do I want to be that weight again?  No.  Do I want to lose about 12lbs and get back to my “normal” weight?  Absolutely.  Jordan and I bought gym passes this month which, in all honesty, is something I never expected to do in this lifetime. I hate working out with a passion.  I hate sweating.  I hate feeling like I’m going to throw up.  I was the girl who refused to participate in P.E. classes.  But the fact of the matter is that I am getting older, my metabolism is slowing down, and I can no longer avoid it.  I’ve been working out 3-4 times a week and my jeans are already fitting better.  Also, I don’t want to die of heart disease, so there’s that.

Wear Lipstick Every Day | This is a fun goal.  My lipstick collection is currently rivalling that of Sephora (I wish), yet I keep buying more.  The thing is, if you never use it, you will never have any less.  Duh, right?  So in order to justify buying more, I need to use what I have.

Pay Off Bills | I’m not going to lie, I have credit card debt.  Sure, this is the new normal in our generation, but I hate it.  The thing is – building and maintaining a house is expensive.  It’s not as easy to pay off bills now as it was when I lived at home, rent-free.  I’m hoping to have at least the majority of my bills paid off by the end of June 2016, and then I want to start saving.

Save, Save, Save | Because you never know when you are going to need it.  And also because you want to build a bigger house.

Read 12 Books | This is such a small number that my book-loving self is ashamed to even say it. However, when you consider that I only read a handful of books last year, it is an improvement.  I love to read, but lately I’ve found myself more caught up in reading blogs and watching Youtube videos.  I’m trying my best to read at least a chapter every night or so in order to read an average of one book a month.  I’ve already finished one book (“Carry On” by Rainbow Rowell) and I’m currently working on my second.

So there it is, my goals for 2016.  Nothing too major, but hopefully I will end up in a better place, physically and financially by the end of the year.  Also, putting this out in the universe is really scary, so perhaps 2016 will be the year that I also let go of my fears and just do whatever makes me happy.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan