Weekly Wrap-Up: Feb 5

Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up is a new blog link-up hosted by myself and it’s fairly self-explanatory. Simply join in on Sunday to give us a recap of your week – share your favourite purchases, recipes, photos, whatever! The Weekly Wrap-Up will allow you to give closure to the previous week and prepare for a brand new start on Monday. If you’d like to join in, simply grab a copy of the button above, leave a link back to Janine Allison, and add your URL in the link-up gadget at the bottom of this post!
R e c a p
My week started out with a ton of appointments on Monday – chiropractor, massage, and nails. I tried cupping therapy for the first time at massage and I loved it. While there is little-to-no scientific research to support the benefits of it, it really seemed to help with my hip and flank pain that I had been experiencing for the past couple months. I have another appointment in a couple weeks time to get it done again and I’m looking forward to it.
Tuesday I spent working on my Valentine’s Day Makeup blog post that was going live on Wednesday. I always feel so accomplished after finishing a post like that and it makes me wish I had more time to devote to my blog. Tuesday was also my mom’s birthday so we joined my parents for supper. I got my mom a watercolor paint setthis book and this pen, all of which I’d like to keep for myself.
I worked Wednesday and Thursday and then I picked up an overtime shift on Friday. I was in so much pain when I got off work Friday that I ended up taking a muscle relaxer to help and went to bed at 8:30pm. Wild Friday night! Last night we got together with friends for food and drinks but I was the DD so that was a bit of a downer.
I woke up surprisingly early this morning considering how late we were out last night and made a cup of tea and a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. I used this recipe but substituted unsweetened applesauce for the granulated sugar and cut the brown sugar down to 1/4 cup to make it healthier (except I doubled the chocolate chips… maybe even tripled..). Unfortunately, while they taste good, they are sticking on to the paper liners like crazy. For supper I am going to roast a chicken and make Epicure’s Steamer Sage & Apple Stuffing. We are trying to eat healthier but some days I just want comfort food in the form of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy.
L o v e s
– Helene’s 35 Totally Free Resources to Help Grow Your Blog is incredibly thorough and helpful! I’m not at a point where I want to invest any more money into my blog so this is a great resource.
– I just discovered Stephanie’s website through the Canadian Beauty Bloggers network and I am obsessed! It is the perfect combination of travel and beauty, which is what I am aiming to achieve someday.
– It has taken me so long to find a black blazer but I just purchased this one for an upcoming event and I am in love. It has gotten to the point where my jacket/coat collection is starting to rival my boot collection. I’m also swooning over pink bomber jackets and light denim coats, but I’m trying to hold off for warmer weather.
– I am planning to start practicing yoga at home as soon as I have a designated space to do it, thanks to Kalyn and Sam inspiring me on Instagram. I’m thinking of doing Adriene’s 31 Days of Yoga but I’m definitely open to any recommendations!
D i s l i k e s
– It has been super cold and windy all week and I am spending way too much time day dreaming about tropical vacations that I cannot afford.
– All of the hatred and negativity on social media these days. I’m sure it was always there but it seems to have multiplied recently and I find myself cringing over so many hateful comments lately.
I hope you enjoyed the first Weekly Wrap-Up – feel free to link up below and join in!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan