Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow and Lip Oil Review

Monday, February 27, 2017

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection was one of the most highly coveted beauty releases of 2016.  I missed out on the initial release of the eyeshadow palette at Sephora but managed to snag it (with a sweet discount!) from the Too Faced website just after Christmas.  During my last trip to Sephora, I planned to pick up one of their Sweet Peach lip oils but unfortunately the store was out of stock of the colors I was interested in. However, they did have a mini version available as a 100 point perk so I grabbed one to try! Now that I’ve had adequate time to test these products, I’ve decided to share my thoughts with you guys!

Too Faced Sweet Peach review

Upon opening the adorable orange and pink eyeshadow palette, my first impression was “Wow, this smells delicious!”.  Too Faced is known for making products that smell good enough to eat and this one is no exception.  It smells exactly like fuzzy peach candy!  I also appreciate that the palette case is durable, with a metallic snap to open and close, and features a mirror on the inside.

The palette has 18 shades, most of which are in the peach and bronze category, but also contains some plum (despite “Delectable” looking like a bright purple in the photo above) and green shades.  There is a good combination of shimmery and matte shades that will allow you to create a variety of looks.

Too Faced Sweet Peach review

The shades are soft to touch and have good pigmentation, with the exception of a couple lighter shades (Georgia and White Peach).  They are a bit chalky and I do experience some fall out on application, but I find that is common with soft shadows.  The shimmery shades are the real winners in this palette as they are extremely pigmented and look gorgeous on the lid.  Too Faced claims that the shadows are infused with “anti-oxidant rich” peach essence and while I cannot speak to that claim, they sure do smell great!

Too Faced Sweet Peach Swatches
Too Faced Sweet Peach Swatches
Too Faced Sweet Peach Swatches

Of all the shades, I use Peaches ‘N Cream, Luscious, Puree, Summer Yum and Charmed, I’m Sure the most for every day wear.  There are so many great shade options to mix and match in here, though, that you could easily use this palette to create day or night looks and I can definitely see myself taking this palette on my travels.

As with the palette,  I had heard a lot of bloggers raving about the Sweet Peach lip oils.  I was looking to try Peach Please or Peach Tease but they were out of stock at my store.  The mini lip oil that they had available was in the shade Pure Peach, which is described as a “peachy pink”.  The lip oil has the same sweet peach scent as the eyeshadows, but I find it a bit sickly on my lips.  I love how moisturizing and comfortable the lip oil feels, however, I was quite disappointed in the color.  I am not sure if it is a bad batch or just this particular color, but I found it quite streaky and uneven and the color definitely clung to any dry patches.  So despite the fact that it feels lovely on my dry lips, it doesn’t look lovely!  I am tempted to buy a full sized lip oil to see if I get similar results because aside from that, I really do enjoy it.
Too Faced Sweet Peach Lip Oil Pure Peach
Too Faced Sweet Peach lip oil in “Pure Peach”
You can pick up the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection on their website or at Sephora (online or in store). The collection contains the eyeshadow palette and lip gloss, as well as a highlighting palette and blush, with prices ranging from $24-59 CAD.
Have you tried anything from the Too Faced Sweet Peach collection? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan