Valentine's Day Makeup

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Today I'm participating in a Valentine's Day link up with some fellow ladies from the Canadian Beauty Bloggers group. For my contribution, I decided to share an easy Valentine's Day makeup look.  Jordan and I rarely make big plans for Valentine's Day but I would totally wear this look out for a date night! Naturally, when you think of Valentine's Day, I bet you think of red and pink, though probably not in the form of eyeshadows.  However, not only are they super trendy right now, they aren't nearly as scary as they look in the pan!



For this look, I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette which, as you probably already know, I am totally obsessed with. I plan to do a full review at some point so just trust me when I say that you need this palette in your life (also, as a side note, I am far from a professional makeup artist and do not claim to be).


To create this look, I initially used "Tempura" all over the lid and crease as a base. Next, I used "Buon Fresco" over the lid, followed by "Love Letter" in the outer V and the lower lash line. I then blended "Venetian Red" into the lid and topped it off with "Vermeer" along the bottom of the lid and the upper lash line. After that, I created a simple wing with eyeliner and topped it off with false lashes (an essential for a look like this!). Finally, I chose to pair the dramatic eye look with a neutral lip color for balance.


Products used:
Primer: Becca Backlight Priming Filter
Foundation: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h Makeup in "140"
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste in "Fair"
Powder: NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in "Translucent"
Contour: Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
Blush: Maison Jacynthe "Juliette"
Eyeshadow: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in "Trooper" and Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in "Blacquer"
Lashes: Ardell 120 Demi Black 
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex (top) and It Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara (bottom)
Lipstick: ColourPop x Hello Kitty Lippie Stix in "Konichiwa"

Do you have a look planned for Valentine's Day this year? Leave a comment below & let me know!

Also, be sure to check out the other lovely ladies in the link up - NatalieDesireeJoannaShawna, and Renee!!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the red and pinks shades in that palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never would have gravitated to those shades but they are actually so wearable!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful - love the look you created! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan