Monthly Favourites: January 2017

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wow, the end of January certainly snuck up on me, that’s for sure! Although I knew it was coming (today is my mom’s birthday!), I am still scrambling at the last minute to wrap up my January favourites post. Then again, it seems that I work best under pressure so without further ado..
LUSH D’Fluff Shaving Soap | This is one of the LUSH items that Jordan gave me for Christmas and I completely intend to repurchase it. While (like many items from LUSH) it isn’t the easiest thing to use, I love how it makes my skin feel. I rarely ever have any knicks from shaving and as someone who suffers from extremely dry skin on my legs in the wintertime, I haven’t been having any issues since using this! I only have a small pot which I’ve used nearly every day this month and it’s about 75% gone, so while it is slightly more expensive than the drugstore version, I will at least continue to buy it on occasion.
We Did It When We Were Young – The Gaslight Anthem | I discovered this song on One Tree Hill which means it is definitely not new but I can’t get enough of it!
Burn Fast (BKAYE Remix) – Bryce Fox | This remix has also been on repeat in my car. Such a fun song!
Epicure Veggie Twist & Spiral Slicer | Since becoming an Epicure consultant, I’ve discovered a lot of new and great products, but this one has to be a favourite. I love using this to make zoodles which are not only delicious but also healthy! I made this recipe yesterday and I highly recommend it! Get in touch with me if you would like to order one for yourself.
YSL Rouge Volupé Oil-In-Stick Lipstick in “49” | This product will receive a post of its own but I couldn’t not include it in the list as it’s basically the only lipstick I’ve used this month. I have to thank Bri for turning me on to this one but my bank account is crying because I want one in every color now.
“Bloom: Navigating Life and Style” by Estee LaLonde | This is another product that I received for Christmas and I’m 90% finished. I will probably do a more thorough review eventually but I really enjoyed reading this so far. I love Estee (especially the fact that she’s Canadian!) and it is definitely a beautiful book to look at.
CRUISE! | We booked a cruise for October aboard the Norwegian Escape so of course I have been pre-occupied with studying the ship, learning about the ports of call, and planning outfits. Yeah, I know, it’s a bit early but I can’t help it! When I have a trip to look forward to, it’s all that I can fixate on! I can’t wait to do some cruise-related content on the blog later in the year.

Snapchat | Despite the fact that a lot of people are leaving in favour of Instagram stories, I am more obsessed with Snapchat than ever. I love getting a glimpse behind the scenes, whether it’s of every day life, travel, or fun events. I am trying to use my Snapchat more, including speaking to the camera and not just relying on photos! Feel free to follow me at “janineallison”!

What are some of your favourite things this month? Let me know in the comments below!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan