Sunday Lately: August 1 - 7

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe – KatyAngelicaMeghan and Nicole. Each week they present five new prompts to describe what is happening in your life that week. This weeks prompts are Updating, Remembering, Needing, Wearing and Being.

Updating: I’m still on vacation and the Internet here isn’t the greatest, however, it tends to be a bit faster early in the morning so I figured I’d update my blog! Also, be sure to follow along with my vacation on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (username: janineallison) to keep up as I have been updating those as frequently as I can.


Remembering: How much sunburns suck! Despite reapplying SPF 60 quite frequently yesterday, I still burned my back, chest and nose. I had already burned my back once this summer but thankfully it doesn’t seem quite as bad this time.


Needing: To be extra vigilant with preventing any further sunburns this trip. I have super fair skin and burn easily. I’m not even entirely sure how I burned my back so bad yesterday considering it was only exposed to the sun for about 15-20 minutes (while wearing sunscreen!). I also need to get some reading done. I can’t believe that I am halfway through my trip and haven’t started reading a book yet.


Wearing: PJs at the moment but bikinis for the most part. I get dressed for breakfast, then spend my day in a swimsuit until suppertime when we shower and get dressed up to go out and eat. It’s surprisingly not as hot here as I had anticipated given that it’s the middle of summer. I figure it’s because our bodies are already somewhat acclimated to warm weather as its also summertime at home, whereas it’s more of a shock to your body when you come here in the middle of winter. I’ve actually been chilly every day in the afternoon when the sun disappears behind the clouds.


Being: Sad that vacation is halfway over but overall happy that we decided to come here on a spur-of-the-moment trip. I always find myself so much more contra and at peace when I am away from the stress and busyness of my everyday life. I could use a vacation once a month!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan