Topbox July 2016 Review

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Topbox is a Canadian-based monthly beauty subscription service. It costs $12/month and offers free shipping. They send four beauty products per month unless you decide to choose a special privé box which features products from a specific brand.

I actually cancelled my Topbox subscription after receiving my box last month but July's box had already been paid for at that point. Of course, my July box is the best one I've gotten yet and kind of made me regret cancelling, especially because I wasn't impressed with my Ipsy bag this month. Read below to find out what I received in my July Topbox!



GlamGlow Flashmud Brightening Treatment | I love receiving GlamGlow products in subscription boxes because they are super expensive to buy and this is a great way to test them out. I actually haven't tried this one yet but it is supposed to brighten your skin for a more youthful and radiant look. I'm excited to give it a try! Approximate sample value: $23 (crazy but like I said, this stuff is expensive!).

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara | I also love receiving mascara in my beauty boxes! It's one of my favourite beauty products and I love trying different brands. This one is good - nothing special, but definitely wearable. It does a decent job of lengthening my lashes and doesn't flake or smudge. The formula is neither too wet nor dry but can be a bit clumpy. I also appreciate that this is a new product and not something that has been discontinued. Approximate sample value: $17.55.

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss | When I first seen the Bare Minerals box, I was really hoping it was one of the Marvellous Moxie lipsticks as I love those! However, I was surprisingly impressed with the lipgloss. I'm not usually a fan of lipgloss but this one is a nice medium pink color with sheer-to-medium coverage. It isn't overly sticky and has a minty taste with a cooling effect on the lips that lasts for quite some time! (Honestly, an hour after I applied it, my lips still felt cool). I usually give away any lip glosses that I receive but I will definitely be keeping this one for myself. Approximate sample value: $11.50.

Revlon Uniq All in One Coconut Hair Treatment | This smells nice (like sunblock) and is supposed to soothe frizz, prevent split ends, provide heat protection and more. However, it is a thicker serum that looks like lotion in the bottle and therefore does not spray easily through the nozzle. I will definitely give the product a try but the packaging isn't great! Approximate sample value: $1.00.

Bellapierre Cosmetics Gel Lip LinerFor the month of July, we received a bonus lip liner as compensation for late shipping due to the potential Canada Post strike. Sadly, it's the one product that will definitely be a toss for me. I hate receiving lip liners because I never use them but as if that wasn't bad enough, I received the color "Cinnamon" which is a "medium plum brown". I will pass this on to someone else as I will never use it. Erin actually gave hers a try and wasn't a fan of the product either. Approximate sample value: $18.00 (full size).


Top: Bellapierre Cosmetics lip liner in "Cinnamon"
Bottom: Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in "Rebel"

I only received one full-size product this month and it was a dud, but I really enjoyed my other four products so overall, this was a win! Depending on how things progress with my Ipsy subscription, I may re-subscribe to Topbox, especially if they keep producing boxes like this one! The total approximate value was $71.05 which is amazing considering I only paid $14 for the box!

If you subscribe to Topbox, what did you think of your box this month?

2 comments:

  1. I was pretty disappointed in the colour of the lip liner too, but it was pretty wearable for me underneath a nude lipstick. Too bad the formula wasn't as good as I had hoped! Your box was much nicer than mine, I definitely won't be choosing a prive box again! Thanks for giving me a shoutout! :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan