Ipsy July 2016 Review

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Ipsy is one of the first ever monthly beauty subscription boxes and remains one of the most popular to this day. It costs $10/month USD and has free shipping within the US but unfortunately charges $4.99 shipping to Canada. With the poor exchange rate, Ipsy costs approximately $20/month in Canada.

I was subscribed to Ipsy a few years ago and cancelled because a) I was bombarded with products that I didn’t use and b) I felt that I wasn’t getting my money’s worth. After poor experiences with Topbox and Luxe Box, I decided to give Ipsy another try. I like that they have 15-20 products available each month so the bags vary quite a bit. However, due to the high cost of this subscription, they will really have to impress me if I am going to stick around! Keep reading to see what I received in my July 2016 Ipsy bag.

July 2016 Ipsy Review

The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow | I got this in the shade “Matt Kumar” which is a matte cranberry shade. It definitely isn’t the best shade for summer but will be great in the fall. The eyeshadow sample is small, but good quality. It’s soft to touch, extremely pigmented, and easily blendable. I wore it all day without a primer and it held up very well! Approximate sample value: $3 CAD.

Delectable by Cake Beauty Lemon & Cream Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream | Upon first impression, I thought that this lotion smelled like a lemon poppyseed muffin but according to Jordan it smells like fruit loops. Sadly, I hate fruit loops! But the hand cream does feel nice and non-greasy on the skin. It’s also a decent sized sample – perfect for throwing in your bag! Approximate sample value: $6 CAD.

OFRA Cosmetics Lip Liner | If you know me, you know that I hate getting lip liner samples. I got this in the shade “Silk” which is a peachy-nude color. It’s definitely wearable but I’m just not a fan of lip liners. Approximate sample value: $17 CAD.

Tre’StiQue Mini Highlight Stick | This highlight is so gorgeous! It seems to have a bit of rose-gold undertone but it is just so shimmery and pretty, plus the stick form makes it easy to apply. I wore it to work the other day and received a compliment on my highlight so that makes it a winner in my books! Approximate sample value: $7.35 CAD.

Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Small Angle Eyeshadow Brush | This brush has very dense and firm bristles which would make it great for applying brow color. I may just have to pick up the Anastasia Dip Brow to try with this brush! The brush itself is pretty, though I’m not sure how much I will really use it. Approximate sample value: $13.12 CAD.

July 2016 Ipsy Swatches
From top to bottom: Tre’StiQue highlighter in “Maldives Luminescent”, The Balm Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow in “Matt Kumar” and Ofra lip liner in “Silk”

I tried to convert all the prices to CAD to more accurately depict the true value of the box for anyone in Canada and it equaled a total of $46.47. Based on that, the box value is over double what I paid, however, I was still a bit disappointed this month. In my beauty profile, I expressed that I wasn’t interested in hand cream or lip liner, yet I received both. I know that they cannot please everyone but with so many product offerings each month, it was disappointing to receive not one but two items that I didn’t want.

If you are interested in signing up for Ipsy, please feel free to use my referral link and I will receive 250 Ipsy points. The point system is one thing that I enjoy about Ipsy which neither Topbox nor Luxe Box had. Once you earn so many points, you can redeem them in the Ipsy store for beauty products.

If you subscribe to Ipsy, did you enjoy your bag this month?

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan