Topbox April 2016 Review

Friday, April 22, 2016

Topbox is a Canadian-based monthly beauty subscription service. It costs $12/month and offers free shipping. They send four beauty products per month, unless you decide to choose a special privé box. Here is a look at what I received in my April 2016 Topbox!

 

Topbox April 2016 Review
Ofra Cosmetics Lipliner | I received this in the color “Wine” and it is just okay. It is a deep, brownish-pink color, which doesn’t really match the name and I’m not sure how much use I will actually get out of it. It may match one or two of my lipsticks, but I tend to wear bright colors usually. I haven’t tested this to see how long-lasting it is but when I did apply it to test out the color, it didn’t apply very smoothly on my lips. Approximate sample value: $17.25 (full size).
Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum | This product claims to hydrate, firm, brighten and decrease under eye puffiness. I am eager to try this out because as I’ve frequently mentioned, I have dark under eye circles 24/7. It is a small sample but I find that a little goes a long way when it comes to under eye products. Approximate sample value: $30.
DDM Cosmetics Illuminate Light-Up Lip Gloss | Ugh, another lip gloss. This is in the color “Rio” which is a shimmery peach color. Like the Model Co lipgloss that I received in my March Topbox, this lipgloss has a mirror on the side of the tube, which I do enjoy, but this lip gloss actually has an LED light-up applicator as well (though I’m not really sure what purpose it serves). The lip gloss smells like cake batter but overall, is way to glittery for me. I will probably pass this along to someone younger. Approximate sample value: $15 (full size).
Kerastase Elixir Oleo-Complexe Replenishing and Beautifying Scented Oil | This is a hair oil formulated for color-treated hair. I am a bit hesitant to apply oil to my hair as it tends to be on the oily side, but I will use a little when my hair is curled to minimize frizz. I haven’t tried this yet but the sample is huge! Approximate sample value: $22.
Schick Hydro Silk Razor | This was a bonus item that was included this month. It is a full size razor, which is not something I really need but there is no harm in having extra on hand. It also came with a $5 off coupon for any Schick Hydro Silk refills. Approximate sample value: $10 (full size).
This month’s Topbox included four items plus a bonus item, three of which were full size products. The value of the box is $94.25, which is great, but the products were a miss for me. There was a nice variety of products but overall, I was disappointed in this box. I don’t like the lip gloss, and I am not a fan of the lip liner color. I will keep my subscription for another month, but if I am disappointed next month then I may cancel again.
If you’d like to sign up for Topbox, you can use my referral code here to bypass the wait list.

 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan