Spring Sephora VIB Sale Haul

Monday, April 25, 2016


I was a little disappointed that the Spring Sephora VIB sale was only 15% off (as opposed to the 20% we had in the Fall) and for that reason, I really tried to limit my spending! I picked up a few things in store but a few things I wanted were out of stock so I ended up placing an online order as well. Keep reading to find out my initial impressions on my purchases!

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation | After trying samples of what seemed like every foundation at Sephora aside from this one, I decided to just take a chance and order it online (I live two hours away from the store). I ordered the color "Siberia" which is the lightest shade as I am generally always the lightest shade in foundation, however, it is just a little yellow on my skin. In hindsight, I probably should have chosen the more pink-toned "Mont Blanc". So far I do like this foundation but it hasn't reached holy grail status. It applies nicely and offers a medium coverage, though I found that it clung to my dry spots when I applied it with a beauty blender. I ended up buying a foundation brush and it seems to apply better with that, without highlighting any dry patches. It wears fairly well throughout the day, though I can definitely notice where it has worn away from some areas after a 12-hour shift. From a distance, my skin looks flawless with this foundation but I'm not a fan of how it looks up close. It would be perfect for photos or videos though!

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick | Technically only one of these is from the VIB sale but considering I got the other one around the same time, I figured I would include it. I actually bought the first one in "Berlin" from Jordan's co-worker, whose husband accidentally picked up the wrong color for her. Rather than deal with exchanging it at the store, she asked Jordan if I would like it so he bought it from her and gave it to me. I liked the formula so much that I decided to buy another color during the sale. I picked up "Beloved" which, if you look at the photo, looks really similar to Berlin. However, Berlin is more coral whereas Beloved is more pink. These are quite comfortable to wear and last for hours (except during meals).

Bite Agave Lip Mask | This has been on my wishlist forever and I finally picked it up! I wanted the pink one but it was sold out in store so I ended up getting the original. This is super thick to the point where it is hard to squeeze out of the tube. I love applying it before bed though and waking up with soft, moisturized lips.

Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector | As I've mentioned a million times before, I have really bad under-eye circles. I bought this based on the good reviews in hopes that it would help conceal them. Perhaps my expectations were too high because I was slightly disappointed in this, but not to the point where I would return it. This is a sticky, shimmery product and it only requires a small amount so hopefully it will last a long time. Combined with foundation and concealer, this does really brighten the under-eye area, but it isn't the miracle worker that I was hoping it would be.

Anthony Deep Pore Cleansing Clay | I stumbled upon this while browsing the Sephora website one day and figured I would give it a try based on the excellent reviews, many of which compare it to the Glam Glow masks for a much cheaper price. I've only used this twice so I haven't really formed a conclusion yet as to whether or not it is helping my skin. I don't have problem skin to start with so it's often difficult for me to judge skin products. I will say that it kind of burns when applied to the skin - first in a cool, minty way and then in a warm, sunburn way. My skin also tends to look sunburned after I apply it, at least for a few minutes! I definitely wouldn't use this more than once or twice a week, but I am curious to know if this has any overall effect on my skin or not.

I also received the following two samples in my online Sephora order:

YSL Black Opium | Oh. My. God. This will be my next purchase from Sephora, let me tell you that! This is not the type of perfume that I would typically go for - I tend to like fruity perfumes like Marc Jacobs or Juicy Couture, whereas this is a spicy (and sweet) perfume. It would be perfect for nights out but I actually love it for day-to-day wear as well. It is super long-lasting and I cannot stop sniffing myself when I am wearing this.

Mason Martin Margiela Replica Beach Walk | The reviews seem to indicate that most people smell coconut or suntan lotion in this perfume but when I sprayed it, both Jordan and I got "old lady perfume" vibes. It does settle down to a more subtle, sweet scent but overall I'm not a fan.

Did you buy anything in the Sephora VIB sale? If so, leave a comment below & let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Great haul! I'm glad to hear you like the Bite Agave Lip Mask - I was on the fence, but I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that Bite Agave Lip Mask. It makes my lips feel so smooth. I picked up a few samples of Nars foundations when I was in town last fall. I loved the formula but they weren't the right shades for me. I was convinced the salesperson that helped me had pulled the wrong one and told me it was Mont Blanc, because even though its supposed to be pink undertoned, it was super yellow on me. When I went back in March I got color matched. Turns out all of the Nars shades are yellowy, even Mont Blanc. So I can't wear Nars at all. :(

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan