Topbox June 2016 Review

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Topbox is a Canadian-based monthly beauty subscription service. It costs $12/month and offers free shipping. They send four beauty products per month, unless you decide to choose a special privé box. Here is a look at what I received in my June 2016 Topbox!



Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo | I've been wanting to try this dry shampoo forever and it has definitely met my expectations. In fact, this might be a new HG product! Of course, Sephora doesn't sell this product in Canada, which makes it very difficult (and expensive) to obtain here. I have a feeling that I will be willing to pay whatever it takes though because it's that good. It smells amazing, instantly makes my hair look non-greasy and gives me volume, plus the packaging is gorgeous. Approximate sample value: $4.25.

Pur-lisse Blue Lotus & White Tea Treatment Sheet Mask | This mask claims to leave skin bright and firm, as well as improve the overall texture of your skin. I haven't used this yet so I can't comment on how well it works, but I do love receiving sheet masks in my bags so I am pleased with this. Approximate sample value: $10 (full size).

O.R.G. Skincare Mineral Peel Face | This is an enzyme exfoliant that extracts dermal debris and dead skin for brighter, softer skin. I also haven't tried this just yet but I am very intrigued! It has a lot of good reviews on the website, so I am hopeful. I am all about products that claim to make my skin glow! Approximate sample value: $4.50. 

Mirabella Pearls & Pastels Eyeshadow Pigment in "Refreshmint" | I received this product in my most recent Luxe Box and I wasn't happy about it then so I'm definitely not happy to see it again. I actually gave away the first one but apparently these companies are determined that I should own this product. Approximate sample value: Originally $28, on sale for $10 (full size).

The total value of this month's Topbox is $28.75, which isn't overly high but I am pleased with three of the four products. However, I decided to cancel my Topbox subscription for now and I signed up with Ipsy again. Even though I expected some repetition of products between Topbox and Luxe Box when they merged, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt as they claimed they would have "separate operations". But after receiving multiple repeat products between the two boxes, I decided to cancel both. I may re-subscribe to Topbox again in the future but I am done for now. Hopefully I will have better luck with Ipsy! 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you cancelled this box too. Hopefully Ipsy treats you better! I loved Ipsy but towards the end of it my bag was costing me about $21 a month, which is ridiculous considering it is advertised as a $10 sub. I know they charge a shipping fee but it didn't seem worth it to me. I do really want to give them another try though. I'll wait to see what Ipsy gives you next month and I may end up going back too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's also why I cancelled my subscription! Well that, plus I found that I was getting a lot of samples that I wasn't using and they were starting to pile up in my drawers. It's still about $20/month which is quite costly but I'm willing to give it another try. If it doesn't work out I may go back to Topbox, we shall see!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan