Monthly Favourites: May 2016

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

How is it even possible that tomorrow is the first day of June?! It seriously feels like we were just celebrating Christmas and somehow I blinked and summer arrived. Fingers crossed that some consistently warm summer weather will soon arrive too!


Song: I already mentioned “Let Me Be” by Charlie Brennan in a Sunday Lately post, but that’s definitely one of my monthly favourites. I’ve also recently become obsessed with Florida Georgia Line’s new song, “H.O.L.Y”. Is it just me or do they always have the catchiest songs? My third favourite is “Chainsaw” by Nick Jonas. Not typically the type of music that I would listen to but I think I can officially consider him to be my guilty pleasure because all of his songs are pure bops.


Read: Sadly, I am struggling to answer this question once again but I really enjoyed Jordyn’s Vogue 73 Questions post. Those videos are super fun and I definitely plan to steal this idea!

TV Show or Movie: We are late jumping on the bandwagon but we finally started watching Scandal and seriously cannot get enough. We’ve binge-watched four seasons in about two weeks and I have no idea what we are going to do with our lives when it is over. I also started watching Felicity in an attempt to fill the 90s/00s void that Dawson’s Creek has left in my life now that it is no longer on Netflix. It took a few episodes before I really started to enjoy it but now I love it.

Beauty Product: Since receiving it in my Topbopx this month, I’ve been obsessed with The Face Shop Collagen Pomegranate Pack. I will definitely be picking up a full size of this because my skin actually glows after using it at night. I’ve also been enjoying this primer which I also received in a previous sample box. It really makes my foundation last longer which is important when you work 12-hour shifts!

Food: Thanks to a recommendation from a friend, I essentially made the sauce in this recipe and cooked it on chicken thighs and legs for my grandmother’s birthday supper this past weekend. It was delicious and I definitely plan to make it again in the very near future. I also made turkey burgers using a recipe similar to this one except that I added some feta and parmesan cheese into the burgers as well. Jordan hasn’t stopped raving about the burgers since then so I’ll consider that a win!

Purchase:
I haven’t really had a chance to play with it much yet, but the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Palette is definitely a favourite purchase already. I also picked up a pair of cheap sunglasses from Old Navy that I have been wearing non-stop. Glasses usually give me a headache but these don’t seem to bother me, plus they remind me of the Ray-Bans that I love but refuse to pay $250 for.

What are you loving this month? Leave a comment below!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan