Sunday Lately: June 13-19

Sunday, June 19, 2016


Sunday Lately is a weekly linkup hosted by the Blogger Tribe - KatyAngelicaMeghan and Nicole. Each week they present five new prompts to describe what is happening in your life that week. This weeks prompts are Doing, Appreciating, Designing, Humming, Expecting.

Doing: I am working nights this weekend which means I am doing very little in the daytime. Up until today the weather has been miserable but it's actually quite warm (albeit windy) today. However, Jordan is spending the day with his family as it is Father's Day as well as his mother's birthday, so I am taking the time to do a little blogging. Thankfully I'm off for the next three weekends after this because I want to cross some things off my bucket list!

Appreciating: I've really been appreciating Jordan this past week. It's been a difficult week for me with some personal things happening that have caused me quite a bit of anxiety. I've spent a lot of time crying and stressing over things that I cannot even necessarily pinpoint but he has been nothing but caring and supportive. He even surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers with the sweetest note that nearly made me cry.



Designing: I mentioned in my Life Lately post that I've recently made a couple upgrades to the spare room and our living room. I am also on the lookout for a new comforter for our bedroom. As much as I love the design of our current one, it is old and after washing it in the washing machine, it looks terrible! I really want a white comforter but Jordan insists that it is totally impractical with our animals (he isn't entirely wrong, either). We may be going to the city next weekend and I am determined to find something this trip!

Humming: "Inside Out" by The New Electric. I expect that this song will end up in my my Monthly Favourites as well because I cannot stop listening to it. Such a good song to sing to while driving! The video is rather odd but I'm looking forward to hearing more from these guys!

Expecting: With an improvement in the weather and my upcoming holidays from work, I am expecting (and hoping!) to start feeling better and to get back to myself. Sunshine definitely improves my mood and I am eager to get outside and enjoy it. Provided that all goes well with Jordan's surgery, we are making plans with our friends to go camping for a few nights, possibly do a hike, take a trip to Bonavista for ice cream, and spend a couple days in the city. 

6 comments:

  1. My Mom is from Catalina and we used to go out to Bonivista/Catalina all summer long - so many good memories out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! :) I've taken a good many trips down that way during the summer months, always at least one or two a year!

      Delete
  2. Bless you for being able to work nights. I'm not sure I could function with that schedule. Back when Bennett and I were dating and living in Michigan, he worked the night shift and I did days, we basically kissed on the way in and out the door. It stunk royally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love nights before Jordan and I moved in together, now I'm not such a fan because like you said, we only see each other in the doorway as one is coming and the other going. I do a combination of days and nights though, so it isn't too bad!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers! Oh my gosh I would LOVE a white comforter. My fiancé keeps talking me out of it too since our beagle is always on the bed and he is a mechanic. Always so dirty! LOL Maybe you can find a light grey or a patterned one that hides pet hair better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I laughed at the mechanic comment - too funny! I'll be keeping an eye out!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan