2020 Bucket List

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I can’t even jokingly say “New year, new me” because here we are on January 8th and I am only just posting my 2020 goals. I was actually inspired by a friend of mine (thanks Jill!) to create a bucket list for this year, rather than a list of resolutions. Let’s be honest – I’ve put “exercise” and “drink more water” on every New Years Resolution list for the past ten years. Have I done it yet? Nope. So rather than a generic list of things I should do, I made a fun list of things that I may actually accomplish (hopefully) (I still added exercise).

Also, hello. Long time no see. Nothing like the new year to do my annual blog revival. I’m not making any promises but I’m going to try posting at least once a week. It’s not my full time job, nor will it likely ever be, so I don’t want it to consume all my free time. However, I do miss sharing and writing so here we are.

2020 Bucket List

1. Read at least 12 books | This has also been an ongoing goal for me, one that I haven’t achieved in many years. One book a month should be totally attainable. I’m trying to read a little bit each night before bed rather than browsing on my phone. Follow me on Goodreads and hold me accountable.

2. Save $10,000 | I don’t like to talk about money on the blog, though I’ll happily discuss money with you in person! This is a lofty goal but I’m putting it out there anyway.

3. Try 2 new (local) restaurants | This should be easy to achieve in the sense that a) I love to eat, and b) it’s only two. However, we’ve found so many great places to eat locally that we just want to visit those all the time, rather than try new places. * Restaurants while traveling don’t count, obviously.

4. Try 2 new recipes a month | While I love food, I tend to cook fairly basic meals on a regular basis (protein, carb, green thing). I’ve taken a liking to cookbooks lately so I’m planning to try and change up our meals and try new things! (We’ve already achieved this for January as we have tried 3 new recipes thus far… killin’ it).

5. Go to the gym | I’m not specifying when I’m going to start or how often I’m going to go. I just need to go. Period.

6. Switch to locally made skincare products | I’m not saying my skincare will be 100% local, but I’m hoping that it’s mostly local, natural products by the end of the year. I ordered some goodies from Spruced up Labrador for Christmas, so expect some reviews on that soon! And feel free to leave me recommendations for your favourite Newfoundland/Labrador-made products.

7. Run a 5K | I walk-ran a 5K a couple years ago and haven’t attempted since.

8. Visit Twillingate | I’ve never been to Twillingate, at least that I can recall. We always travel outside the country each year but rarely spend any time exploring our own province. I’m dying to go to Split Rock Brewery as I’ve tried a few of their beers & they’ve been delicious!

9. Hike 3 new trails | I didn’t realize how many fitness-related goals I had on this list until now. We did one new trail last year, I’m aiming for three this year.

10. Visit 3 new countries | As long as our cruise this year goes ahead as planned, we should have no trouble accomplishing this one as we are anticipating stops in St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua.

I stopped at 10 because quite frankly, that seemed like enough. Hopefully this blog will still be kicking by December 31st, 2020 so that I can come back and re-evaluate how I did.

Do you have any resolutions for the new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan