Recent Purchases Volume 1

Monday, February 11, 2019

I’m obsessed with shopping hauls. Watching others, doing my own, etc. I love knowing what other people are buying! Do you feel the same way? I decided to start a “Recent Purchases” feature of my own. Initially I was going to post it as monthly purchases, but some months I shop very little. Typically January is one of those months but not this year! While I normally cut back after the holidays, there were a few items that I felt like I “needed” to start my year right.

Clothing

American Eagle High-Waisted Jeans

The first of those items was new jeans. For the most part, I only wear American Eagle denim. It’s easily accessible, relatively affordable, and comes in a short length. After discovering that I’ve worn a hole in the thigh area of one of my favourite pairs, I decided to order another pair to replace it. And because American Eagle was offering a “buy one, get one 50% off” sale, I actually bought two pairs.

The light wash pair is a little lighter than I anticipated (as a rule, I prefer a medium-dark wash) but they will be great for summer. Both pairs are slightly smaller and higher waisted than my current pairs, despite being the same style/size, which is a bit annoying.

Thrift Store Haul

I also stopped by the thrift store this month and walked away with some new shirts and a jean jacket. I got two shirts, two cardigans, a jean jacket and three plates (that match our current set of dishes) for $17.75. I didn’t “need” any of those things but a) I live in cardigans, and b) I figure it’s better to spend $5 on a denim jacket that I may never wear than $50.

Dynamite Haul

I received a gift card from Dynamite for Christmas and my original plan to hold onto it until spring. However, I caved and placed an order once I seen these pants pop up in the new arrivals section. To qualify for free shipping, I also bought this shirt that I had tried on in-store before Christmas. It’s not a color I would have ever chosen for myself but I really liked it.

Shoes

Shoes

In January I bought three new pairs of shoes which is more than I typically buy in a year. I found a pair of potential wedding shoes on ASOS but they went out of stock before I could purchase them. While shopping at Payless a few days later, I found another pair that I really liked. Payless had 40% off the entire store at the time so I ended up buying those (which cost me a whopping $11 as they were on clearance) plus a pair of wedges. Later, the ASOS pair came back in stock (just one pair!) IN MY SIZE, so of course I jumped on that purchase (not shown as they haven’t arrived yet).

Health & Beauty

Saje Pocket Farmacy

After falling in love with the Peppermint Halo from Saje (as discussed here), I couldn’t resist picking up the “Pocket Farmacy” during their 30% off sale. I can’t wait to test out all the new products – hopefully they work as well as the headache relief!

Makeup Haul

I’m making an effort this year to only buy beauty products that need replacing. Honestly, I have enough lipstick, eyeshadow and blush in my collection that I would never need to repurchase it in my life. However, I ran out of my favourite eyebrow pencil so I had to replace that. This eye cream caught my eye and because I don’t have a holy-grail eye cream, I snuck that into my cart as well. Luckily I had a gift card from Christmas so I didn’t pay much out of pocket!

I picked up a new Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Lipstick in the shade “Romantic” after seeing it on Sydney Hoffman’s Instagram stories (I know.. I just said I didn’t need anymore lipstick…). It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day and I love the formula of those lipsticks! I also grabbed a Sooae Unicorn Glow Hologram Mask while I was at Walmart.

Finally, I snagged the L’Oreal Infallible Concealer at Walmart when the light colors finally came back in stock. I’m nearly out of my holy grail concealer and this is supposedly a dupe. Perhaps I’ll dedicate a future blog post to that!

We’ve also bought a lot of wedding stuff recently, including my wedding band, Jordan’s wedding band, stamps for our invitations, gifts for the bridesmaids, candy bags, and more. I can’t believe it’s so soon and I’m kind of freaking out a bit.

What have you purchased recently? Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan