January 2019 Favourites

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Much like Kerri, I miss the way blogging used to be. Don’t get me wrong – I love learning about blogging, I love that you can now earn a living from your blog, and I love all the advancements that have been made in blogging. However, I miss the days of feeling like a close-knit community. I miss when I didn’t feel the need to write “perfectly” or share only the prettiest, most curated images.

I want to bring back the joy in blogging. Recently, I discovered the blog Coming Up Roses and fell in love. I love how Erica writes like she’s talking to you as a friend. It’s so refreshing to read something that doesn’t sound like a magazine article for a change.

In any event, one of my favourite things to do is share my favourite things with you. I wish I could be like Oprah and just buy everyone my favourite things but unfortunately my wallet would run away screaming. Therefore, I’m bringing back my current obsessions post. Without further rambling..

January 2019 Obsessions

January 2019 Favourites

Krista’s Vlogs | You may know Krista from her super popular fashion & lifestyle blog, Covering the Bases. Recently, Krista has started uploading daily vlogs from Monday to Friday. I’ve always been a fan of hers but honestly, her vlogs make her seem so relatable. Plus I love all the snippets of life in New York City!

Saje Peppermint Halo | I put this in Jordan’s stocking at Christmas but I’ve been using it myself! While it doesn’t take away my headache, it definitely eases the pain and makes it much more bearable until the pills kick in. It has such a cooling sensation that it totally distracts me from the pain as well.

Smart WiFi Plug | Jordan gifted me this for Christmas because I am famous for leaving my hair straightener turned on. Honestly, 90% of the time when we leave the house, I find myself pondering if I shut it off or not. Thanks to this plug, I can shut it off via an app on my phone. Eases my mind and bonus: it’s super affordable too!

Line a Day Journal | This is actually my second 365-day 5-year journal. I ended up quitting on my first one a few years ago but I’m currently into my second year on this one. It’s so fun to look back and see what I was doing on each particular day last year & how it compares to this year.

Pixi Glow Tonic* | I don’t know this works but I swear it makes my skin look better. It makes my skin brighter, smoother and virtually diminished a pimple overnight!

Quartz “Elia” Jacket | I received this as a Christmas gift to replace my Canada Goose jacket. Prior to choosing this jacket, I did a lot of research comparing the two brands. I’m happy to report that this is just as good if not better than the Canada Goose jacket I had in terms of warmth. I’m 100% happy with my choice and the fact that it’s Canadian-made is a bonus.

Blogging | Ok, this one is a little cheesy but seriously, I’m really enjoying blogging right now. I’m seeing a big increase in my site traffic, making a little bit of money (finally!), and enjoying some really awesome PR partnerships. Looking forward to growing even more this year!

What are your favourites for the month of January? Leave a comment below!

* PR product provided; all thoughts and opinion are my own as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan