Disney "All That Glitters" Specialty Paint

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

We’ve been living in this house for nearly four years and I’ve hated the color in our master bathroom for 95% of that time. Yes, I chose it when we built the house but I quickly regretted it. We built a “turn-key” home and we were allowed five paint colors in our price. I chose this green as an accent wall in the living room and I felt like I needed to use it on another room as well, hence why it ended up in our bathroom. Long story short, I couldn’t stand it any longer and finally repainted it this past weekend.

Before

Along with that, someone I know recently posted a picture of glitter paint on their Instagram stories. Of course, I had to find out about this magical paint! Turns out that it was the Disney All That Glitters specialty finish by CIL. I was immediately sold and ran to my local Walmart to pick up a can. The can of paint retails for $30 for a quart (946mls) but we had only planned to use it on one wall in the bathroom so that was plenty. We chose a color called “lilac grey” as the base and for the other walls of the bathroom. As it turns out, it was actually more lilac and less grey, but that’s fine by me!

After

After applying two coats of primer and paint, I had to allow it to dry overnight before attempting the glitter wall. The glitter paint appears to be a cloudy white color in the can. It also changes the color of your wall initially but does dry clear, so don’t fret! The instructions say to paint 18″x18″ sections of wall at a time, then refill the roller. I loosely followed the instructions; painting in small areas while using the roller in all directions. However, the bulk of the glitter applied in the spot that I first touched the brush to the wall. It was very difficult to “roll out” the glitter and as a result, it looks chunkier in some areas and more sparse in others.

Disney “All That Glitters” Paint (flash)

I applied four coats of the glitter before I called it quits. It looks okay, but it’s definitely not like the thick glittered walls that you see on Facebook or Pinterest. The glitter is iridescent and shifts from a green-pink-purple-blue depending on the light. It also looks more prominent under artificial light than in daylight.

Disney “All That Glitters” paint (artificial light)

Disney “All That Glitters” Paint (natural light)

Overall, I do really like it but if you are looking for bold glitter, look elsewhere. For the cost of the product and the effort that it takes to apply, it is fine for a small area but overall not a fantastic buy. That being said, I am 100% more pleased with my bathroom now that it is repainted. The light color has made it feel so bright & airy! I think we are going to tackle the main bathroom next, albeit without glitter.

Have you ever tried glitter paint before?

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan