White Willow December 2016 Review

Friday, December 23, 2016

Despite receiving a tracking email earlier in the month I had totally forgotten about the arrival of my White Willow box so it was a nice, unexpected surprise! White Willow is a Canadian, bi-monthly lifestyle subscription box.  It features a combination of beauty, decor, food, style and home products and retails for $49.95 + S&H every two months. I received my first box in October and I was quite pleased. It’s such a fun, luxurious subscription box that is different from anything else I’ve ever tried before.

White Willow does an amazing job with packaging, there’s no doubt about that. Once again, the products arrived in the signature white box, wrapped in white tissue paper and tied with a ribbon. It’s almost too pretty to unwrap! Inside, the products were nestled amongst shredded paper and mini candy canes. In the December box I received the following five items:

Double Layered White Marble Necklace | Prior to each box, White Willow releases one sneak peak and for the December box, the item was this necklace. Luckily, I loved it! I mean, I’m a huge fan of anything gold and/or marble, plus I love the length of the necklace and the fact that it can be dressed up or down. However, White Willow claims that the retail value of the necklace is $28 CAD, however, I found it here for $3.11, which is quite disappointing.

Greenmarket Purveying Co. Gilded Winter Candle in “Glistening Snow” & Matches | First of all, the candle and matches were carefully packaged in bubble wrap, which I really appreciate. There’s nothing worse than receiving a smashed up product due to poor packaging! As for the product itself, it is a small candle and I’m not a huge fan of the scent, though I will probably use it regardless. It came with a cute pack of matches in a metallic box. Suggested retail price is $17 CAD. The candle can be found here for $10 USD and similar matches can be found here for $1.50 USD.

Manna Kadar Lip Locked Priming Gloss Stain in “Lucky” | I’ve never heard of this brand before but I was definitely pleased with the color, which is described as “nude petal pink”. I think it’s a color that would look great on anyone! I also love the formula of this product. It’s moisturizing, comfortable on the lips, yet pigmented and long-lasting. Suggested retail value is $32 CAD and can be found here for $24 USD.

Kocostar Dry Hands Rescue Mask | I’ve heard of masks for dry hands but I’ve never tried one, so I was excited to see this in my box. I have super dry hands in the winter so I’m sure it will come in handy (..no pun intended, hah!). The mask retails for $5 CAD and can be found here.

Murchie’s Fine Tea & Coffee Chocolate Chip Walnut Biscotti | I’m not a huge fan of biscotti but it’s fine to have with a cup of tea as a little treat. This is a nice sized package and the biscotti itself is decent – not too sweet, though nuts aren’t my personal favourite (wish I had gotten the white chocolate cranberry instead!). I opened it to try myself but it would have been nice to give as a gift! Retails for $10 CAD and can be purchased here.

Overall, there was a nice variety of products in the December box, from lipstick to biscotti, jewelry and a candle. I am disappointed that White Willow claimed that the value of the necklace was significantly higher than what it is, however, it does seem like decent quality despite that. Based on my calculation of the box’s value, it is worth $67.11, which is about what I paid for it.

I am unsure if I will continue on with my subscription or not. I would like to, as I love that it exposes me to a variety of products that I probably wouldn’t have access to, or think to purchase for myself. However, I really have to cut back on my spending in 2017 and this is a treat that may have to go.

What are your thoughts on the December White Willow box?

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan