Monthly Favourites: November 2016

Thursday, December 1, 2016

As I’ve mentioned in previous monthly favourites post, I really wasn’t happy with the format that I was using. I debated waiting until the new year to switch it up but then I figured that if it makes me happier to change it now, I should change it now. So, without further adieu, here are my favourite things from this month!
Brendan Fletcher on “The Voice” | This is the only season of The Voice that I’ve watched since the first one and I owe it to this man. I’m absolutely in love with his raspy voice (plus he’s also quite nice to look at!). His performance of “True Colors” this week is currently #4 on the iTunes chart for good reason and I highly recommend you have a listen!

 

Sputnik Chandelier | I’ve slowly been making subtle changes around the house and upgrading a few things that I didn’t particularly like, such as the chandelier in the foyer. I initially had a different one chosen but we stumbled upon a similar-looking sputnik chandelier (exact one isn’t on the website) at Costco this weekend and I couldn’t turn it down for the price.

Escape Rooms | Thanks to a suggestion from our friends, we decided to do an escape room at Escape Quest this past weekend. I had absolutely no idea what to expect but I ended up totally loving it! I would definitely still be in there if I had to get myself out but I really enjoyed the problem-solving and teamwork aspects of the game. We didn’t make it out in 45 minutes but if we hadn’t been so stubborn and had used all of our hints (or used them earlier in the game!), I think we would have. Since we don’t live near any escape rooms, Jordan and I have been playing them on our phones. It’s safe to say that we are totally addicted and can’t wait to do more!

Fruli Strawberry Beer | I tried this for the first time at Bier Markt this past weekend and it was so good. I’m not a huge beer fan (one is enough for me) but this doesn’t really taste like beer.. at all. So basically, if you really like beer, you probably won’t like this but if you’re like me, I highly recommend trying it. Sadly, I think the only place you can get it in Newfoundland is at the Bier Markt.

Clementines | There is something about clementines that I always associate with Christmas so I tend to eat a lot of them during this time of the year. I think I’m especially addicted this year though as I’m trying to eat healthier and therefore, tend to grab one (or two!) of these when I want a snack.

Lancome Teint Idole Foundation | I picked this up during the VIB Sale at Sephora and I’m loving it.  It provides a medium coverage, is easy to blend and comfortable to wear, and lasts all day. Plus, I love that it has a pump.

Becca Backlight Priming Filter | It is entirely possible that the reason the aforementioned foundation works so well is because of this primer, but I will continue using them together as I love the results. This gives my skin a gorgeous glow and provides an excellent base for my foundation. This combination is the only one that I’ve tried that lasts 12+ hours.

LUSH “So White” Shower Gel | I discovered a bottle of this from two years ago under my sink and used it up this month. I love the apple scent and had all intentions of buying another bottle.. only to discover that they haven’t made this since 2014. It does come in a bath bomb version but I really wanted another bottle of the shower gel, boo!

Milkshake Silver Shampoo | I recently dyed my hair a silvery-grey blonde color and my hair stylist insisted that this is the best shampoo to use on my hair. I’ve used a number of purple shampoos on my blonde hair over the years but he was right – this one is the absolute best. Not only does it smell great but it is super potent, giving my hair a light purple hue if I leave it on any longer than a couple minutes. Luckily, I already know that a big bottle of this shampoo will be waiting for me under the tree, but I definitely want to try some of their other products as well.

Do you have any favourites this month? Leave me a comment below with your favourites or a link to your blog post!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan