2016 Goals in Review

Friday, December 30, 2016

On January 21st, 2016, I started this blog with my very first post titled “Goals for 2016”. I can’t believe that (nearly) a year later, I’m still here. Granted my blogging has been sporadic for the past couple months but I’m ready to dig in my heels and get back into blogging in the new year. However, I figure I owe you all an update on my original goals for the year which.. if we’re being honest here, were mostly unsuccessful. But hey, there’s always 2017!

Get Healthy | I did well with this.. for the first month. Joined the gym, worked out 3-4 times a week, then didn’t bother to renew my gym membership. I bought an elliptical a few months ago.. and I still haven’t stepped on it. Went to one zumba class but the instructor hurt herself and has been off since then. Went to one yoga class and enjoyed it but failed to book anymore. However, my clothes no longer fit right, my self-confidence has plummeted, and my back is in terrible shape. Therefore, this is absolutely being placed at the top of the list (once again) for 2017.

Wear Lipstick Every Day | I didn’t literally wear lipstick every day but I did fall in love with makeup in general this year. I always wear makeup now, even to work, and I make an effort to wear lipstick regularly. Of course, I probably doubled my collection in 2016 as well but hey, I could have a worse addiction.

Pay Off Bills | I came so close to having my credit card paid off and then Christmas came along. Hopefully by early 2017!

Save, Save, Save | Nope, nope, nope. I need a rain check on this one.

Read 12 Books | According to my Goodreads account, I’ve read ten books so far this year and I am currently working on #11. I didn’t quite reach my goal but I’m still okay with that. Both Jordan and I have been on a reading kick lately so I’m hoping to start next year off strong.

Overall, I basically sucked at accomplishing my goals so you can expect to see most of these on my list for 2017 as well. However, I did manage to keep my little blog alive for a year, so I am pretty impressed with that.


Did you set any goals for 2016? Did you accomplish them?

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan