The Friday Five

Friday, August 11, 2017

I figured this would be a good week to introduce "The Friday Five" which is basically just five random things that I talk about.. on a Friday. Despite having a few posts drafted, I have no photos to accompany them because 12 hour shifts make photography impossible, so I figured this would be a good way to sneak a post in before the week ended!


>> We went to see Mamma Mia with Jordan's niece last week and I highly recommend you check it out if you can! I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of musicals so I was basically just tagging along for something to do. However, I ended up being totally captivated and now I kind of want to see more shows. It also made me really envious of those who can sing & dance so beautifully.

>> Speaking of dance, I just signed up for burlesque classes and I am super excited about it. I mean, I will probably be terrible but at least it will be good fun! I just need to find a pair of heels that I can actually dance in now.

>> I got my hair dyed a gorgeous smokey grey color earlier this week and while I think my hairstylist did a great job, I have to go back this weekend and get it lightened again. It looked really light in the salon but outside of there, it is just way too dark for me. Luckily they were able to squeeze me in for an appointment on Saturday as I really want it fixed before Brittany's bachelorette party on Saturday night! My hair will probably need some serious TLC after this if anyone has any recommendations for hair masks or products.

>> The Jaclyn Hill Morphe palette finally has a relaunch date - August 22nd! I have been super on the fence with this palette. It is absolutely stunning and I want it but I have trouble justifying the ridiculous cost of shipping for us Canadians (plus customs at the door!). I decide that I will get it, then I get angry at the cost, then it sells out.. and repeat. Maybe I could splurge as a birthday gift to myself? Or maybe I will just hold out for the new Huda Beauty palette..

>> Does anyone else think that it's absolutely ridiculous that Halloween items are popping up in stores already? I mean, it's still the beginning of August and Halloween is the end of October. Who really needs to buy Halloween cookies right now? STOP. I love fall as much as the next person but I just want to enjoy my summer without seeing ghosts and pumpkins everywhere.

I'm headed to the city this weekend for Brittany's bachelorette plus some end-of-exams celebrations with Jordan so it'll likely be next week before I get another post up. Have a great weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan