Goals for 2017

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Roll your eyes and judge all you want but I am totally one of those “New year, new me” people. I love nothing more than a blank slate or a fresh start and now that I no longer have the back-to-school opportunity in September, I am always eager for January 1st to roll around. 2016 wasn’t the best year for me and despite failing miserably at my goals, I am ready to try again.

This year I debated between making a set list of goals or resolutions, choosing a word or mantra to live the year by, or just winging it. In the end, I decided on a combination of both. I want 2017 to be all about self-love. It’s time for me to be selfish and do what it takes to make myself happy and healthy. I am letting go of all the negativity in my life, bit by bit, and saying no to anything that doesn’t bring me joy.

In 2017, I plan to..

Blog More | I want to continue growing this blog. While it is a very time-consuming hobby, it is one that I enjoy immensely. I’ve met some wonderful people through this blog, had the opportunity to work with amazing brands, and built something that I’m really proud of.


Exercise More | I’m sick of looking in the mirror and hating myself. It’s time to start taking care of my body. I’ve personally seen the detrimental effects of not taking care of yourself and as I approach 30, I can no longer let this take a back seat. It’s time for yoga, zumba, and at-home workout classes and maybe even some cross-country skiing.


Read More | I’ve loved reading since I was a child but devote far too little time to it these days. I want to make an effort to read a little each day before bed.


Buy Less | Not only do I need to save money, but I also despise clutter and wasteful spending. I will definitely continue to shop but I want to spend my money on purposeful items that bring me joy.


Worry Less | I’ve suffered from anxiety since I was young and while I have come a long way in the past few years, I still have a lot of anxiety and occasional panic attacks. Quite a few times last year I experienced crushing chest pain that I blame entirely on anxiety. It’s time to let go of the things I cannot control as stress is a major contributor to heart disease, headaches, stomach ulcers, IBS, and depression.


Care Less | This sounds kind of crude, but hear me out. Similar to worrying less, I want to care less about the things that are out of my control. For example, friendship is a two way street, and I am no longer going to make the effort to maintain a friendship that is not being reciprocated. I’ve grown apart from a lot of people in the past year and I am letting it go. I am no longer interested in maintaining relationships that only fuel drama. I picked up a copy of The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck and it will be one of my first reads this year.

I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a great year.

Do you have any resolutions for the new year? I’d love to hear them!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan