NARS x Sarah Moon "True Story" Palette

Saturday, January 7, 2017

One of the products at the top of my Christmas wishlist was the NARS x Sarah Moon “True Story” blush and lip palette.  To be honest, I hadn’t heard a lot about the palette, which is a collaboration between NARs and the french fashion photographer, Sarah Moon.  I just knew that once I laid my eyes on the pretty pink blushes, I had to have it.  Sadly, this product is now out of stock but a few items from the collection remain on the Sephora website.

The “True Story” blush and lip palette contains four blushes (0.12oz/3.5g each), as well as a Velvet Matte lip pencil in “Mysterious Red” (0.08oz/2.4g). The packaging is sturdy and a decent size for traveling, albeit a bit thick. Naturally, the cover of the palette is a Sarah Moon photo and the inside features a large mirror. The palette retails for $74 CAD.

Devotee is a shimmery champagne color that is more suited as a highlighter than a blush. It’s a gorgeous shade that is perfect for an everyday highlight color as it isn’t too over-the-top.

Myth is a matte pale pink that reminds me of my favourite Maison Jacynthe “Juliette” blush, except slightly lighter. Luckily the pigmentation of these blushes are great, so while they may look unimpressive in the swatches, they build up quite easily.

Unwritten is a pretty matte peachy-pink that again, is perfect for everyday wear.

Outlaw is a a permanent NARS blush color and is described as a “soft rose with golden shimmer”. This would look absolutely gorgeous on someone with darker skin but on my fair skin, I have to use a very light hand to keep it from looking clown-like. It is a gorgeous shade, however!

Formula-wise, these blushes are fairly soft, especially the latter three in the palette. There is a little bit of fall out but nothing to worry about. As I mentioned, the blushes are quite pigmented when applied with a blush brush but are easy to blend into a natural flush. My favourites in the collection are “Myth” and “Unwritten” but I honestly like all four of the shades.

The palette also contains a full-size NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in “Mysterious Red”, which is also part of the permanent collection. Prior to this I had only tried the satin lip pencil but I was quite impressed with the matte version as well. It is incredibly pigmented, comfortable to wear, and lasts a decent amount of time. The only downside is that you really need to use a lip liner as it tends to feather at the edges.

Overall, I am really pleased with this palette! The price tag is a bit hefty but considering the amount of product in here, I have a feeling it will last me a long time.

Have you tried any of the products from the NARS x Sarah Moon collection?

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan