NYX Powder Puff Lippie "Best Buds" Review

Thursday, March 1, 2018

NYX Cosmetics recently launched their Powder Puff Lippie Powder Lip Cream as part of their spring line. It is currently available in eight shades and I will be reviewing the shade “Best Buds” which is described as a “nude rose”.

The Powder Puff Lippies are packaged in a matte squeeze tube with a sponge-tip applicator. It initially took a couple minutes of squeezing to actually get some product through the applicator. Now that I’ve used it a few times, that is no longer an issue. The tube contains 12mls of product and retails for $12 CAD.

NYX Powder Puff Lippie Best Buds

The formula of this product is really different from anything else I’ve tried. It applies as a mousse and dries down to a powder. It is extremely comfortable to wear, to the extent that I don’t even feel like I’m wearing any lipstick!

NYX Powder Puff Lippie Best Buds

The color, “Best Buds” is truly a “my lips, but better” shade.  I noticed some reviewers complaining that it is difficult to obtain a sharp edge because of the applicator. However, because this shade is so close to my natural color, I haven’t had an issue with that. I only get a couple hours of wear time out of the lipstick without having to reapply and obviously, it needs to be reapplied after eating and drinking.

NYX Powder Puff Lippie Best Buds

Overall, I do like this product but it’s definitely not a must-have in my opinion. I will continue to use it but I don’t think I would pick up another shade. Despite the fact that it is super comfortable to wear, I prefer long-lasting lipsticks.

Have you tried the NYX Powder Puff Lippies yet?

SaveSave

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan