Ipsy October 2016 Review

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

After a disappointing September bag (with the exception of this mascara, which may be my new HG), I decided to cancel my Ipsy bag. However, it turns out that I didn’t successfully do that as I discovered a few days ago that my October bag was en route. Turns out that I forgot the last step in cancelling my bag! However, I have since completed that step so this will be my last Ipsy review. I tend to only subscribe to makeup boxes for a few months as I get easily overwhelmed with the numbers of products.

The makeup bag for October is a pale pink with black Halloween graphics and a ghost-shaped pull tab. It’s actually pretty cute! Here is what I received in my October Ipsy bag:

Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner | I was actually really hoping to receive this once I seen the spoilers for the October bag, however, I was kind of disappointed in it. I love the pigmentation and control that I have with the brush but I felt that it was tugging at my eyelids as I was applying it. It definitely doesn’t apply as smoothly at my Kat Von D Tattoo liner. I will probably use it, but not repurchase in the future. Approximate sample value: $23.


TheBalm Cosmetics Blush in “Hot Mama” | This is a peachy-coral blush with shimmer throughout that can also be used as eyeshadow. Unfortunately, the sample is quite small but it was surprisingly easy to pick up with a blush brush. It is extremely pigmented, though it has a gold shimmer throughout it which may bother some people. I like it and I find TheBalm products to be great from my experience. Approximate sample value: $2.25.

Noyah Natural Lipstick in “Current News”| I wish we received a full size of this product because the regular packaging is adorable! I’m so glad I received this color, which is a dark berry color. It applies smoothy and evenly to the lips and feels moisturizing when applied. Approximate sample value: $7.35.

Preventative Measures 101 Lip 101 After Hours Balm | This retails for $13US ($17 CAD) which I would never pay for a plain lip balm. It has a sweet, soapy smell and feels quite moisturizing when applied, however, only lasts a short period of time. Approximate sample value: $17.


Elizabeth Grant Skincare Green Power C Hydrating Cleanser | I haven’t used this enough to comment on the effectiveness of the product, however, it was easy to use with a fresh scent. It left my face feeling clean without being tight or oily. Approximate sample value: $1.88.

The total value of this month’s bag is $51.48 CAD which is more than double what I paid (approx. $20). I love that there are two full sized products and a good variety of makeup items (eyeliner, blush, and lipstick). However, it’s time for me to take a break from Ipsy so this will be my last bag for now!

SaveSave

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan