November "What's New With You?"

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I’ve been totally slacking on the blog lately, despite my best intentions. The holiday season means that I’m extra busy on my days off, which leaves even less time to blog. It’s a shame because I really do enjoy it – I just wish I could do it full time! Anyway, I figured I would join in on the November “What’s New With You” link up, which I discovered thanks to Kayla!

What's New With You

– I had all intentions of starting my Christmas tasks early this year so that I could finish early and really enjoy the holiday season. Well, I did actually start early(ish) but I nearly had a heart attack this past weekend when someone posted on Facebook saying “Only 3 weeks ’til Christmas!”. Like, how did Christmas manage to sneak up on me again?! I have 95% of my shopping done – just a few odds and ends left to pick up, however, I have not started to wrap anything, nor have I started my Christmas cards. I will have to wait until next week to start wrapping as I have to do it during a weekday while Jordan is at work. Hopefully I’ll be finished my shopping by then!
– I never bake Christmas cookies, mainly because a) I’m not a huge fan of sweets, b) but if it’s in the house I’ll eat eat it (and gain weight), and c) we rarely have visitors during Christmas (which is a pet peeve of mine! Come visit!). However, I decided this year that I want to do some baking, so I really have to decide what to make. Jordan has requested Potato Chip Chocolate Bark and I am thinking about making Peanut Butter Blossoms or Hershey’s Kisses Secret Cookies.. or maybe Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies. What are your favourite holiday cookies? I’m open to suggestions!
– I recently discovered two new scents from Bath and Body Works that may replace my long-standing holiday favourites (Winter and Fireside Marshmallow) and they are Christmas Morning and Snowflakes & Citrus. I believe Christmas Morning is only available in a hand soap but I would like to bathe myself in the scent and I am totally regretting only buying one. A co-worker of mine had a Snowflakes & Citrus candle and I need that in my life, stat. Too bad I don’t live near the store, nor will I be there anytime soon!
– I’m so tempted to write a post on my recent customer service experiences because I think praise should be given when deserved but also, nothing bothers me more than poor customer service. Thankfully most of it has been positive!
– This past week has been super cold and of course, my Canada Goose jacket is at the dry cleaner. I’m trying to get on board with the Hygge trend of embracing winter as opposed to hating your life when November rolls around but I absolutely detest the cold. We are already tentatively planning a trip to Mexico in May and hopefully another cruise in the fall. Fingers crossed! I need a warm-weather vacation to look forward to in order to make it through the long winter months.
– We made some changes to our bedroom recently and I’m making it my goal in the new year to actually starting making my bed (most) every day. Our old comforter was super worn out so we replaced it with a white duvet and navy gingham pillows. We also have a faux-fur throw on the bed for Macy in hopes that she won’t ruin our white bedding with her adorable-but-dirty dog paws. The best part? All three upgrades only cost us about $75 total!
A photo posted by Janine (@janineallison) on Dec 6, 2016 at 6:36am PST

As much as I’d like to continue drinking hot chocolate by the Christmas tree while watching vlogmas videos, I really ought to end this and get ready for bed. I’m hoping to get my Colourpop haul up later this week, so keep an eye out for that!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan